Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Best way to ship cards for your trade?

Hey Guys,

I am new to trading cards. My son is really into hockey now so we collect cards of players/teams we like. I have listed all of my traders in the NHL card trading thread--no trades yet. But if I get a trade going, what is the best way to ship?

What do you appreciate that people do when they ship to you; what are some things that annoy you when people ship cards to you?

Advice?

I have sent cards to my nephews in BC, Canada. I lay the cards flat in two stacks next to each other, then secure them there with blue trim tape, then tri-fold the paper like a letter and put it in a business envelope and attach an international postage stamp. This method seems to work, but they are 10 & 12. Collectors are more particular--gotta make sure its right!

Thanks!
    Mark

SCF Rewards
    Country

Always ship in a bubble mailer unless you are shipping 1 or 2 cheap cards. Then you can use a PWE. NEVER ship a game used or thick card in a PWE and NEVER ship an expensive card this way. I only get damaged game used cards when people ship them in a PWE.

Inside the bubble mailer either ship the cards in a penny sleeve and top loader, screw down/snap case, or for cheaper lots in a team bag sandwiched around top loaders. I always prefer top loaders over cardboard even though there is a very small minority that likes to use cardboard for some reason.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you, great advice!

Mark

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Sacramento Kings Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
    See deseanjackson53's Items on eBay

I sell on Ebay and usually do a bubble wrap around the cards and a bubble mailer

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank You!

Mark