Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

clear cut vs exclusives which one?

as far as young guns go
    even the low enders
    which would you rather have and why

young guns exclusives /100
    young guns clear cut /??

anybody got any idea on print runs for the
    clear cut and the acetate?

thanx guys/gals

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See derzockersports's Items on eBay

as far as young guns go
    even the low enders
    which would you rather have and why

young guns exclusives /100
    young guns clear cut /??

anybody got any idea on print runs for the
    clear cut and the acetate?

thanx guys/gals

If I had to make an estimate based on what we know...

Typical case breaks of UD1 or UD2 will net you 2-3 numbered cards, that includes Exclusives, High Gloss, patches, and other inserts. Exclusives are the 'most common' and an YGE should fall about every 5 Exclusive 'hits'. So, by 'odds', you get ~1 YGE about every 2 or 3 cases, even with 50 cards /100 and this includes epack. Clear Cuts are 1/case and only exist in hobby packs. My guess Clear Cuts are probably print runs on the order of 200-250.

The acetates are usually much lower as inserts in SP authentic, but I honestly have never tried to estimate.

I think the Exclusives and/or High Gloss are the 'accepted' 'investment' parallels. Clear Cuts do typically grade well, though, and some look really nice. They also typically price much lower than the numbered parallels.

I'll also throw in the Silver Foil YG and Speckled Rainbow YG parallels put out on epack. Silver Foils require 5 base (that's minimum 2 cases worth of base, sometimes 3), so they are on par with Exclusives but sell WELL below. Speckled Rainbows require 15 base, over 6 cases of base, and they are only available on epack, These are probably print runs somewhere between HG and Exclusive, but they sell well below the Exclusives (in most cases).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

thank you Fred Bear for that information.
    i always wondered about print runs but dont have the math mind to do the math lol.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Why not the Clear Cut Exclusives? LOL

I like the Exclusives myself, but the Clear Cut are pretty sweet also. They all make a fine addition to my collection.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i never could understand why the "true collector" (as i was told) is okay with clear cut cards yet hated cards like synergy and allure because
    they werent "real" cards, just shinies. very few brands use the old cardboard stock any more.
    yet it appears to be so judging by the ridiculous BV beckett (spit) places on them
    why do you suppose that is. assuming of course,, that what i was told is true.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I've never been a fan of internet gate keepers who try to assign who is and is not a "true collector." There's a reason that the phrase "collect what you like" has the longevity it does.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

RGM81 agreed
    its my hobby, my money and my enjoyment.
    i like what i like because i like it.
    my collection my not be worth much to the "true collector" but i could care less.
    i like the synergy and allure products
    because
    A) i can afford it
    B) there isnt 600 cards to a set
    C) its not that popular so i can pick it up cheaply
    D) i like shiny

so anybody wanting to get rid of allure hit me up i still need some