Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Weber files retirement papers

It's official. His time as a NHLer is over:

https://www.nhl.com/news/yannick-web...hl/c-325702812

Sounds like Yannick will play a little bit longer (signed a 3 year deal) back home in Switzerland though.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Not the Weber we care about… :)
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You sly dog. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I could have been really trollish and said something about "ex Predator, Hab, and Olympian Weber" but I didn't want to go that far.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

Sorry, My Bad.
    Last edited by capt55; 07-21-2021 at 11:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I still think this is a Cap Ploy by Montreal, the guy played all year and all the playoff games, they need the Cap Space to sign Nick Suzuki, if they low ball him, he will get good offers from other teams and Montreal won't be able to match, as for KK, he should return all the money he got from Montreal, I think the guy has been a bust for sure, maybe its time to bring Ryan Poehling up full time and let him grow with the team, you know its not funny, but there better players are from other teams, non of them be drafted by the General Manager, we can't count Caulfield yet, he hasn't played a season or two, as for Carey Price, the guy prior to the playoffs did nothing for 14-15 months, he played really well in the Playoffs, but he didn't make those big Saves in the Final, like in the previous rounds, he signed the interim coach to 3 years, he's just the Managers puppet, nothing more, the Manager should be Fired, he's done nothing.

KK just turned 21 a couple of weeks ago and you're already calling him a bust? You just can't write off a 21 year old. That's awfully premature. I don't think we have a 1C in KK as we had hoped (I could be wrong, but probably not), but he has shown flashes of greatness and very well could be a solid 2C after Suzuki. And what exactly has Ryan Poehling done to make you believe he'll be better than KK?

MB had not done "nothing," he's done a lot. Whether or not you agree with his moves is a different story. He was nominated for GM of the year, so somebody thinks he's doing something right.

Why do we always have to be so negative about this team? There's a lot to like here.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I still think this is a Cap Ploy by Montreal, the guy played all year and all the playoff games, they need the Cap Space to sign Nick Suzuki, if they low ball him, he will get good offers from other teams and Montreal won't be able to match, as for KK, he should return all the money he got from Montreal, I think the guy has been a bust for sure, maybe its time to bring Ryan Poehling up full time and let him grow with the team, you know its not funny, but there better players are from other teams, non of them be drafted by the General Manager, we can't count Caulfield yet, he hasn't played a season or two, as for Carey Price, the guy prior to the playoffs did nothing for 14-15 months, he played really well in the Playoffs, but he didn't make those big Saves in the Final, like in the previous rounds, he signed the interim coach to 3 years, he's just the Managers puppet, nothing more, the Manager should be Fired, he's done nothing.

Shea Weber hasn't retired, Carol. This is Yannick Weber....also a Habs/Predators legend.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shea Weber hasn't retired, Carol. This is Yannick Weber....also a Habs/Predators legend.

Fixing this for you:

Shea Weber hasn't retired, Carol. This is Yannick Weber....also a Habs/Predators & Olympic legend.

Someone bit! Yay me!