Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1991 The Sporting News Collection

New to all of this and trying to catalog a large collection. I came across a Binder of 1991 The Sporting News collection. It is 100% complete and is the "First Printing". Cards seem mint.. any idea on a value of this one? I cannot find much info other than this First Printing being Considered Very Rare.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    The Charles M.Conlon Collection produced by the MegaCards Company made sets from 1991 to 1995. Based on the photography work of Charles M. Conlon most famous for the picture of that of Ty Cobb stealing 3rd with Jimmy Austin flying with his back shown & Ty Cobb flashing the Spikes. The set is relatively a nice set to look at but as far Valuable you are looking at around $20-40 range pending on the condition of the cards. Not to burst any bubbles but no they aren't old just old photographs showcased in a simple design. Many people think with names like Babe Ruth,Lou Gehrig,Cy Young,Honus Wagner,Ty Cobb,etc..... they think they can sell them around $10+ cause of the photos being taken in black n white but a person with knowledge of the history of set will tell you how much they are hopefully I have provided you with the answers to your questions about the set. If not lmk & I will explain it in simple terms.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you very much! Your information was very helpful. I knew they were produced in 1991 and not actual old cards. I did a little.more searching and found similar prices. I inherited quite a large collection of cards and i am trying to catalog it all. I am trying to be as accurate as possible! Right now i have 50+ binders full and just as many card boxes full. TOPPS, SCORE, FLEER, DUNRUSS.. lots of cards. Having a blast researching it all!