Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

the Habs pick! What's that about?

A pick who made a mistake with a revealing photograph at age 17, while he was playing in Sweden. He completely owned it, paid the fine and apologized to the victim. There are some in Canada that say his hockey career should be halted, but they are probably the same Canadians who are okay with have a PM who as an adult groped a female reporter and wore black face several times.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/cur...?ocid=msedgntp
    Last edited by piper1; 07-24-2021 at 01:10 PM.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

“There are some in Canada…”

Including Logan Mailloux himself.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

the Habs pick! What's that about?

A horrible exercise in judgment by an organization that has long touted itself on character. They deserve every bit of blowback they receive. I love this team dearly but this is a horrible selection. This isn’t some “can’t miss” prospect that maybe slides down a couple spots because of “questions about his character.” He’s a scumbag by his own admission, and some sites had him ranked as low as 51st overall. There’s nothing binding in it but he requested publicly that no team draft him this year as he goes through the process of earning back the respect and trust that he knows he violated. Bergevin could have gone in literally any other direction—there’s numerous right-handed PMD out there with arguably higher upside that don’t come with the baggage of being a sex offender.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

A pick who made a mistake with a revealing photograph at age 17, while he was playing in Sweden. He completely owned it, paid the fine and apologized to the victim. There are some in Canada that say his hockey career should be halted, but they are probably the same Canadians who are okay with have a PM who as an adult groped a female reporter and wore black face several times.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/cur...?ocid=msedgntp

I'm not sure he's really grasped what he did or apologize sincerely. He absolutely deserves a chance, but only after he's truly suffered the consequences of what he did. Perhaps he has, but I'm not so sure. Regardless of where our opinions fall, I think most of us can agree this is a circus we could have so easily avoided. Is he so freaking good he's worth all this trouble? No.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A horrible exercise in judgment by an organization that has long touted itself on character. They deserve every bit of blowback they receive. I love this team dearly but this is a horrible selection. This isn’t some “can’t miss” prospect that maybe slides down a couple spots because of “questions about his character.” He’s a scumbag by his own admission, and some sites had him ranked as low as 51st overall. There’s nothing binding in it but he requested publicly that no team draft him this year as he goes through the process of earning back the respect and trust that he knows he violated. Bergevin could have gone in literally any other direction—there’s numerous right-handed PMD out there with arguably higher upside that don’t come with the baggage of being a sex offender.

Yeah the kid isn't exactly seeing the repercussions of his actions, by being selected in the first round. Not to mention his apology was half-hearted at best and came after he told police that the girl only complained in an attempt to ruin his career. Yet another slap in the face to the many, many victims of various types of sexual assault. Just an awful pick.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So grateful that I didn't have to grow up with such a smug and pious lot.
    Last edited by piper1; 07-24-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not sure he's really grasped what he did or apologize sincerely. He absolutely deserves a chance, but only after he's truly suffered the consequences of what he did. Perhaps he has, but I'm not so sure. Regardless of where our opinions fall, I think most of us can agree this is a circus we could have so easily avoided. Is he so freaking good he's worth all this trouble? No.

The bolded part is my “big picture” view of all of this. If some other team wants to “help him on his journey” great let them. Or, like the kid requested, let him sit out this draft so he can do the work, and then if he’s still a real good hockey player who has shown growth, give him a chance.

Wanting players on your team to be decent people is kind of a bare minimum, right? Not everybody needs to have a hospital wing named after them for their philanthropy, it’s cool, but just be a decent person.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Habs draft Trudeau in round four. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

So grateful that I didn't have to grow up with such a smug and pious lot.

And I'm grateful that we don't celebrate sex offenders roaming freely any more.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And I'm grateful that we don't celebrate sex offenders roaming freely any more.

You've got one for a PM who some still seem to celebrate. He won't even acknowledge what he did and his only statement was "that he remembers things diffierently" In the Reston newspaper article at the time it was reported that he told the woman he groped that he wouldn't have done if he knew she was a reporter. A fine example for Canada's youth.
    Last edited by piper1; 07-24-2021 at 08:44 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast