Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

So Many Nice Box Break Hits and a Piece of International Hockey History! Lots of Pictures!

Today was National Hockey Card Day and it is often a day when I lose all self-control and buy all the boxes it seems! The trip to Wayne's was fun as always with a good lineup showing that this hobby is alive and thriving for all age groups!

I ended up buying and opening up six boxes with the family today.

The first was 2003-04 Topps Rookie and Traded which didn't yield any notable hits besides two Brent Burns rookies.

Then two boxes of 2020-21 UD Extended Series which netted 15 Young Guns, and lots of other inserts, though the most notable cards are in this scan:

Then it was 2 boxes of 2014-15 Fleer Showcase and 1 box of 2003-04 Bowman. The most notable cards were a Patrice Bergeron rookie auto #/250 (last copy sold for over $500 CDN on eBay) and a Steve Yzerman PMG Blue! Other notables in the picture are a Bowman Future Rivals dual patch #/18, an Adam Lowry fightstrap auto #/27, and a Bowman Gold Refractor of Marty Turco #/50.

And this final piece is a really interesting one. A Hungarian antiques dealer had this item available and I had to pick it up. It is a bronze presentation medallion likely issued to a player who was on the Hungarian National Hockey Team in the 1934 IIHF World Championships. The maker's mark links it to a famous bronze smith (Boczan Gyula) in Hungary during the early 1900s.

Szov Dij implies a presentation piece, and "Magyar Hockey Szovetseg" is the Hungarian Ice Hockey Federation. This is a really cool piece and a museum worthy display item for when I have the opportunity to set up a goalie museum exhibit in my family's home country.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

I just wanted to say what a beauty that old Hungarian medallion is!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

I just wanted to say what a beauty that old Hungarian medallion is!

Thank you, it is a very nice cool piece of old hockey history and please don't hesitate to write comments!

I always love reading comments, and it always bums me out when I make a post I am excited about and get crickets.