Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Mixed mail day and a Random box break from an eBay seller with 0 feedback (pic heavy)

I’ll start out with the mail from two great members here on SCF, @JFried1029 and @jsrgale , and a couple from other places. After that I’ll discuss the box. It came with a Dennis Rodman box topper so it’s safe to say things are gonna get weird.
    Killebrew Auto /2000

Emmitt /1948

Now for the box:

This is one of the pictures from the auction I won for $32 dlvd. Guy had no feedback and cards came shipped exactly like this in an 8x8 box with some craft paper balled up in it. Needless to say I was concerned but excited to see what was in store. Only a couple cards were visible from the other pictures, but I could see the Rodman so I wasn’t very worried.

As I suspected there was a lot of base from sets like 2007 UD First Edition and 2002 Absolute. Many were in questionable condition.

There were also a lot of rookies and inserts from low end sets in the 2000’s era. I may create a list with some of them later on.

2009 Topps Red Sox Team Set (15 cards)

I had a pretty good time going through this stuff. There was mostly baseball, some basketball, and a few football rookies from the 90’s.

I’m not very familiar with a lot of the baseball stuff so let me know if you recognize something or are interested in anything. Almost all will be Ft or FS. I really like the look of the 2000 Topps Gallery cards on the top row here. The pictures don’t do them justice.

Reds Team Leaders /2007

There were some eTopps cards included which I have never owned before like this Yastrzemski and a Yao you will see later . Also pulled some die cuts from an old SP set.

Ty Cobb Reprint
    Sosa /100

I also got about 75 spare top loaders from base that were being kept safe.

1999 Gold Label Gary Payton class 3
    1998 Flair Showcase Dennis Rodman Row 1

Came out with a couple of hits that I was fairly impressed with.

Taylor Ward auto/gu /49
    Reyes encased coin

And I managed to get a few Shaq promos and a new Yao for the PC!

Oh yeah and BARNES AND NOBLE MOJO $27.50 GIFT CARD

Thanks for the look. It was a good time. As I said PM me if anything interests you.
    Last edited by turnpipe; 07-24-2021 at 11:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haven't had the pleasure yet of making a deal with jsrgale yet but I've made plenty of great deals with JFried1029 and he is a legend on here. Probably an even better person than he is a trader too so I second the great member accolades.

Also awesome Killebrew autograph. Congrats!
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Love the Killebrew Auto and thanks for sharing!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for sharing. Like you I have been going thru some older stuff of baseball and enjoyed the time going thru them. You can never complain about some toploaders with the price of those now.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 08-01-2021 at 07:42 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Thanks all. I thought it was worth a post as I always hear about how bad of an idea it is to buy things like this, but I think it turned out well. Killebrew has one of my favorite signatures, so definitely a fan of that one as well. As for the top loaders I will say I even got a couple of those old school brown parallels that you rarely see

A good day overall.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants NULL
    See Boinks's Items on eBay

Nice cards, do you collect Shaq? I don't have either of those inserts yet. The Focus Pocus is really nice.
    [-- 1117 Total -- Hidden Content Cards --]
    Hidden Content , Also collect: NY Yankees, NY Giants, LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Nice cards, do you collect Shaq? I don't have either of those inserts yet. The Focus Pocus is really nice.

sorry I just saw this. I don’t make my way to the baseball side often enough. I actually do collect Shaq a little bit. I really liked the Focus Pocus as well and I had never seen those oddball cards before. They are numbered to like 15,000

I also ended up turning that gift card into “The Intelligent Investor” and “Think and Grow Rich” so hopefully this pays off HUGE.