Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

France beat Team USA men's basketball team 83-76 in opening game: Loss ends 25-game win streak

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pic-hoops.html

The U.S. men's basketball team suffered a shock 83-76 defeat at the hands of France on Sunday, losing at the Olympics for the first time since 2004 and for just the sixth time in the history of the tournament.

The French had upset the U.S. men when they last met in the 2019 FIBA World Cup quarter-finals and they had their number again on the first day of group play at the Saitama Super Arena, powered by a game-high 28 points from Evan Fournier.

The U.S. had won 25 consecutive Olympic games, last losing at the Athens Games 17 years ago and settling for a bronze medal there.

The loss doesn´t knock the U.S. out of medal contention, but it essentially eliminates the margin for error. The Americans play Iran on Wednesday and then the Czech Republic on Saturday in its final two Group A games; win both of those, and the U.S. will be in the quarterfinals. Lose another one, and the Americans might not even finish in the top eight of this 12-team tournament.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Can't say I'm surprised. This team is a mess thrown together haphazardly, and international competition has really caught up in recent years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can't say I'm surprised. This team is a mess thrown together haphazardly, and international competition has really caught up in recent years.

The team isn't really a mess. They were winning by 8 points late. That falls on poor and bad coaching. Pops was and is completely overrated and it is painfully obvious now that the game has passed him by. He needs to retire immediately or keep going and continue to get exposed as a fraud.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The team isn't really a mess. They were winning by 8 points late. That falls on poor and bad coaching. Pops was and is completely overrated and it is painfully obvious now that the game has passed him by. He needs to retire immediately or keep going and continue to get exposed as a fraud.

Pops is not past his prime or a fraud. That being said international play is a tad different than NBA play. I will say I don't think his coaching style suits this squad or style of play at all.

The rest of the world is starting to develop more players especially quality big guys. JaVale McGee on the roster is not quality. It is what it is....some of the best players are coming off injuries or opted out. The Dream Team days are done unless everyone opts in to play which is unlikely. Curry, Harden, LeBron, Davis, Mitchell, etc You might have some quality players on this roster but definitely missing the best of the best.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Welp they won the gold anyway. Close one though. France has a number of NBA players themselves. Fournier hit some shots to keep them in it, but Lillard had some daggers, Jrue had a big steal and fastbreak finish, and Durant sealed with the clutch FTs.