Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation Wizards Agree To Trade Russell Westbrook To Lakers

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/07/...ook-trade.html

The Wizards and Lakers have agreed to terms on a Westbrook trade, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic (via Twitter).

In addition to Westbrook, the Lakers will receive a 2024 second-round pick and a 2028 second-rounder in exchange for Kuzma, Harrell, Caldwell-Pope, and the No. 22 pick.

Reports have suggested that the trade isn’t viewed as a precursor a deal involving Beal, who still reportedly wants to remain with the Wizards.

Confirming that the Lakers and Wizards are moving toward a Westbrook deal, Broderick Turner of The Los Angeles Times tweets that there are still ongoing discussions between the two teams about the draft assets involved — the Wizards could end up sending the Lakers a second-round pick, says Turner.

Meanwhile, Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report tweets that a deal may not be officially completed until the new league year begins next week. It could grow into a larger multi-team trade during free agency, Fischer suggests.

The Lakers and Wizards are nearing a deal to trade Westbrook for Kuzma, Caldwell-Pope, Harrell, and L.A.’s No. 22 overall pick, sources tell ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski (via Twitter). However, Woj cautions that no agreement is in place yet (Twitter link).

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Oh man. OKC fans like me are kind of divided on this. One the one hand, most of us love Russ for continuing to give his all for us even after Durant left. On the other hand...it's the Lakers he's on now. The! Lakers!

We'd love for him to get a ring, but it'll still be awkward if it happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

I like to ask my friends who are die hard Laker fans if you like these super teams, or if you like home grown teams better. Look at this team you could make with all the young players they traded away recently. I think these are all Laker draft picks. And I'm probably missing a few.

F - *Randle, *Ingram, Kuzma, Nance
    G- Ball, *Russell, *Clarkson, Hart
    C - Zubac, Bryant

* That's 3 All-Stars + a 6th Man of the Year.

So I have mixed feelings about these LBJ super teams too.
    Last edited by LakersMC; 08-01-2021 at 12:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

I am not a fan of super teams at all unless homegrown through the draft, and the Lebron hand picked super teams are getting really old since he’s been doing it for the past 10 years now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I like to ask my friends who are die hard Laker fans if you like these super teams, or if you like home grown teams better. Look at this team you could make with all the young players they traded away recently. I think these are all Laker draft picks. And I'm probably missing a few.

F - *Randle, *Ingram, Kuzma, Nance
    G- Ball, *Russell, *Clarkson, Hart
    C - Zubac, Bryant

* That's 3 All-Stars + a 6th Man of the Year.

So I have mixed feelings about these LBJ super teams too.

I grew up within 2 hours of Chicago during the Bulls and Jordan days. They drafted majority of the rosters during that time and sprinkled it in with role players. Rodman of course was a big piece during the 2nd run but you had a lot of guys who didn't play a ton more after Jordan left the league. I give the Bulls credit for drafting in the 80s but after Kukoc in 90 they were absolutely horrible finding guys at the end of the 1st Round. It was almost a given that the Bulls would pick a PF/C for year after year and never picked that elite guy that stuck around. It was painful watching some of the big guys they had during those championship eras but the core players carried the team.

I am not a big fan of the Superteams but at the same time I admire them trying to win instead of tanking year and year. Building a superteam can go north or south very quickly and that is the chance the organization takes when doing that method. Probably the best method to not fall off the cliff is what the Warriors built which I don't classify as a superteam. The key pieces are Curry, Thompson and Green. Also won with Barnes who they drafted and than signed Durant to replace him. As we have seen before injuries and chemistry with a so called superteam can bring them down faster than you would think.

I will say from the post above the Lakers drafted some decent guys. I don't think they would have won a championship or be close to winning one from the guys on that list though. Western Conference is to strong and definitely more starters/role players on that list than someone leading them to a championship.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I grew up within 2 hours of Chicago during the Bulls and Jordan days. They drafted majority of the rosters during that time and sprinkled it in with role players. Rodman of course was a big piece during the 2nd run but you had a lot of guys who didn't play a ton more after Jordan left the league. I give the Bulls credit for drafting in the 80s but after Kukoc in 90 they were absolutely horrible finding guys at the end of the 1st Round. It was almost a given that the Bulls would pick a PF/C for year after year and never picked that elite guy that stuck around. It was painful watching some of the big guys they had during those championship eras but the core players carried the team.

I am not a big fan of the Superteams but at the same time I admire them trying to win instead of tanking year and year. Building a superteam can go north or south very quickly and that is the chance the organization takes when doing that method. Probably the best method to not fall off the cliff is what the Warriors built which I don't classify as a superteam. The key pieces are Curry, Thompson and Green. Also won with Barnes who they drafted and than signed Durant to replace him. As we have seen before injuries and chemistry with a so called superteam can bring them down faster than you would think.

I will say from the post above the Lakers drafted some decent guys. I don't think they would have won a championship or be close to winning one from the guys on that list though. Western Conference is to strong and definitely more starters/role players on that list than someone leading them to a championship.

I agree with you that that list of young Lakers wouldn't get far. But this Laker team is starting to look like the 03-04 Lakers (Payton & Malone), and the 12-13 Lakers (Howard, Nash, Jamison). Both of those teams had the wheels fall off because of age & injury.

About those Bulls. Kukoc is HOF Class of '21. That makes four HOFers in the same line up, one being the GOAT - MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc. Not to mention the coach. All of those homegrown except Rodman. Wow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

As a big laker and raptor fan since I was like 5 years old its very interesting to see the differences in the teams. I have always loved seeing a team drafting a player watching them struggle and then grow into a star. Hopefully, become a all star and superstar and have some playoff success. My favorite players in those times have been Kobe and DeRozan. Having a rookie eventually get to a championship will always be the most satisfying to me. The lakers have never operated like that and have not been big on drafting and player developing. Kobe Fisher Magic are the only rookies that come to mind that stayed around for long periods. The lakers sign big free agents like shaq and bron and make blockbuster trades for AD and Kareem and Gasol. That's how they have always done it.

I did love those baby lakers in ingram, lonzo, randle, clarckson, kuzma, caruso. Unfortunately all gone now but will be worth it for a championsip. I should say the 2020 championship already makes it worth it for me.

Very happy to be a raptor fan and see the other approach with drafting and player development. Even though their championship came from a blockbuster trade which I was initially unhappy with trading my favorite raptor. But winning it all always makes it worth it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I agree with you that that list of young Lakers wouldn't get far. But this Laker team is starting to look like the 03-04 Lakers (Payton & Malone), and the 12-13 Lakers (Howard, Nash, Jamison). Both of those teams had the wheels fall off because of age & injury.

About those Bulls. Kukoc is HOF Class of '21. That makes four HOFers in the same line up, one being the GOAT - MJ, Pippen, Rodman, Kukoc. Not to mention the coach. All of those homegrown except Rodman. Wow.

Kukoc was very underrated and overlooked during those years. Kukoc is going in based off his European and NBA career together which I have no problem with at all. If going off his NBA career he isn't close to HOF material. Kukoc played a nice bench/spot start role and vital role when Rodman was hurt/suspended for a number of games over 2 seasons. Look at those first 3 championships when it was MJ and Pippen and look at that mediocre cast. Everyone understood their role and played it well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

As a big laker and raptor fan since I was like 5 years old its very interesting to see the differences in the teams. I have always loved seeing a team drafting a player watching them struggle and then grow into a star. Hopefully, become a all star and superstar and have some playoff success. My favorite players in those times have been Kobe and DeRozan. Having a rookie eventually get to a championship will always be the most satisfying to me. The lakers have never operated like that and have not been big on drafting and player developing. Kobe Fisher Magic are the only rookies that come to mind that stayed around for long periods. The lakers sign big free agents like shaq and bron and make blockbuster trades for AD and Kareem and Gasol. That's how they have always done it.

I did love those baby lakers in ingram, lonzo, randle, clarckson, kuzma, caruso. Unfortunately all gone now but will be worth it for a championsip. I should say the 2020 championship already makes it worth it for me.

Very happy to be a raptor fan and see the other approach with drafting and player development. Even though their championship came from a blockbuster trade which I was initially unhappy with trading my favorite raptor. But winning it all always makes it worth it.

You are so right about the Lakers. Lakers fans are too impatient.

About DeRozan. It's bittersweet to win that chip without your favorite player. My two fave Lakers in the late 90's were Eddie Jones & Nick van Exel. They became All-Stars w/ Shaq & Kobe. But both got traded away before Shaq & Kobe started winning chips.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Looks like the Lakers are bringing in Carmelo Anthony too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast