Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Curious about upper deck ovation (UD Black)

I bought a pack of 2006-2007 Upper Deck Ovation at a card shop and pulled a UD Black redemption card. I read the back and assume that I will be getting a pack of cards. What I was curiious about is is this a good pull. I am not familiar with basketball cards very well I mainly collect baseball. If anyone cold shed some light on UD Black: odds of pulling it, prices that the cards will go for, and anything else you might want to add.

Thanks for your help,

Sincerely,

Thomas

SCF Rewards
    Country

that was a good pull dawg,its like 1 in something boxes for ovation,and its a redemption to get a ud black pack(go to udblack.com for details) and it will sell for a lot too.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

Here is a link that should help you out a little...

http://sports.upperdeck.com/basketball/udblack/

Also, in the site you will see that the odds are like this...

"For 2006, these products will only be available through redemptions in the following products at the following ratios:
    Ultra NBA - 2:case
    Reflections NBA - 2:case
    Rookie Debut NBA - 2:case
    Ovation NBA - 1:4 boxes
    Hardcourt - 1:box "

Therefore, since you pulled it out of 1 pack, and there are 18 packs in a UD Ovation box, that means there is 1 UD Black per 72 packs of UD Ovation. So, it was a 1:72 chance of pulling it. It is a very nice pull, and a UD Black card normally sells between $40-$50 on ebay and other places. Congrats on your pull. I hope that helps you out a little bit. If you have anymore questions about the UD Black then lmk and I will try to help the best I can. Thanks.
    Last edited by the_future; 11-21-2006 at 06:44 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for everyones help. If you want when I get the pack I will post what I pulled. But sadly it says it wont ship until jan. of 2007.

Thanks for everything,

Thomas