Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Legendary Florida State Head Coach Bobby Bowden Passes Away At 91

https://www.outkick.com/legendary-fl...es-away-at-91/

According to a tweet from ESPN insider Adam Schefter, former Florida State coach Bobby Bowden has passed away at the age of 91. The news comes just weeks after the legendary head coach was diagnosed with cancer.

Bowden spent 40 years being a college football head coach — and almost 60 years coaching.

The first six years as a head coach came at West Virginia from 1970-75, where his teams produced a 42-26 (.618) record. From there, Bowden took over in Tallahassee as the head coach of the Florida State Seminoles.

He would spend the next 34 years in that role, a rare feat for a coach to stay in the same role, at the same place for that long. During those three and a half decades, Bowden’s squads went 315-98-4 (.760), ranking him second all time in Division I wins.

Bowden also has two national titles on his resume, winning it all in 1993 and 1999.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

RIP to a legend

SCF Rewards
    Country

In the winter of 1983, I was coming back from the library. All along College and Beaver avenues in State College, most windows had Alabama or Crimson banners hanging from them. I was really confused by this. I thought maybe the basketball team was playing Alabama but then thought why are there so many 'bama fans in State College. When I got home and turned on the TV, they announced that Bear Bryant had passed.

He was so respected by the Penn State student body, they honored him with the Alabama's school colors.

Last night I placed a Florida State pennant, acquired when I lived in Florida, on my front lawn. I will never forget the PSU/FSU quadruple overtime game in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

B. Bowden was a class act.