Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Do they fake the 1986-87 Fleer Isiah Thomas card?

Do they fake the 1986-87 Fleer Isiah Thomas card? I know the Michael Jordan is heavily faked and it isn't wise to buy an ungraded copy but what about Isiah Thomas? Also why isn't the Fleer Thomas listed as his rookie card? They list the Star rookie as his officially rookie card. Seems weird since they don't do that for the Jordan.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues St Louis Cardinals Illinois Fighting Illini
    See markw2856's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Do they fake the 1986-87 Fleer Isiah Thomas card? I know the Michael Jordan is heavily faked and it isn't wise to buy an ungraded copy but what about Isiah Thomas? Also why isn't the Fleer Thomas listed as his rookie card? They list the Star rookie as his officially rookie card. Seems weird since they don't do that for the Jordan.

It took many years for Star cards to get graded as fake. I am sure there are fakes of every 86 Fleer card on the market. Some might think it only trickles down to the Semi-Stars and Stars but likely not the case. Checklists and the average NBA Joe are worth a pretty penny in this set in mint condition. The most common PSA 10s from the 86 Fleer Set sell for around $150+. Also some of those lower name guys have less PSA 10s and demand a ton. The Johnny Moore just fetched $40k+ and Jeff Malone $20k+ for PSA 10 in the last few months on eBay.

You mentioned that a place lists the Star as Isiah Thomas rookie card, which place? I have seen it multiple ways such as XRC, RC, etc. I am very casual with it and was never a big Star collector myself. I still classify the 86 Fleer as Thomas rookie card. Lack of NBA Licensed Cards make it more of a discussion between Star and Fleer for some of these guys. The current market has a ton of products and more so in baseball guys have rookie cards for a few years.lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

You mentioned that a place lists the Star as Isiah Thomas rookie card, which place? I have seen it multiple ways such as XRC, RC, etc. I am very casual with it and was never a big Star collector myself. I still classify the 86 Fleer as Thomas rookie card. Lack of NBA Licensed Cards make it more of a discussion between Star and Fleer for some of these guys. The current market has a ton of products and more so in baseball guys have rookie cards for a few years.lol

COMC does. I don't know why they do. I figure they take it from Beckett so I just assumed Beckett does? I was on COMC to try and check the front and back to see what a real one looks like. They do have really good quality scans of cards even though they are a garbage site at shipping now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

I am sure that card is being faked. Search for "reprint" or "RP" generally on ebay, and you'll see they can fake any card. (The fact that ebay allows the sale of reprints is another story.) How many of these "reprints" are being sold as originals? I agree with markw2856 that any card worth something (esp. from 86 Fleer) are being faked.