Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Washington Nationals Washington Redskins

New to this Great Forum

Hello All !! My name is Michael and I just joined this forum. It's wonderful to be here, it's certainly a thrill (to quote some young lads) and I hope to learn much in the sports card collecting world from the experts at this place. I have been collecting about 3 years now and having great fun. I collect strictly Baseball and have a majority of Topps cards. I am hoping to open an Ebay account soon and start selling online. That's going to be a challenge !! I was on the PSA DNA website and it appears they are having some kind of issues with getting lower tier cards graded. They will only grade cards for $200 a card. Wow. Maybe someone can explain why that is here. Okay, look forward to reading and learning lots off this forum. I hope each of you are doing well, healthy and safe. Thank you !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

W-E-L-C-O-M-E to SCF. Who/what in baseball do you collect ? Have a good time here at SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

Michael- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Hi Michael, welcome to SCF....Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Michael: Welcome, what Topps baseball cards do you collect?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thank you for the warm welcome all !! It's great to be here. I collect pretty much just Baseball cards. I have a Topps Premier membership and buy a lot of stuff off their website. I buy
    autographs, boxes and a lot of the "Topps Now" cards. I will buy boxes and open for hopefully good cards. I particularly like Troust, Ohanti, Devers, Acuna, Torres, Andujar just to name
    a few. Juan Soto is my favorite. I am Washington Nats fan. Thank you !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide Cleveland Indians

Welcome to SCF, I’m sure you will enjoy this site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thank you, Don. I can see already !!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Just to let you know, I just sent you a PM.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hello All !! My name is Michael and I just joined this forum. It's wonderful to be here, it's certainly a thrill (to quote some young lads) and I hope to learn much in the sports card collecting world from the experts at this place. I have been collecting about 3 years now and having great fun. I collect strictly Baseball and have a majority of Topps cards. I am hoping to open an Ebay account soon and start selling online. That's going to be a challenge !! I was on the PSA DNA website and it appears they are having some kind of issues with getting lower tier cards graded. They will only grade cards for $200 a card.Wow. Maybe someone can explain why that is here. Okay, look forward to reading and learning lots off this forum. I hope each of you are doing well, healthy and safe. Thank you !!!

Michael,
    I think your question is quite self explanatory in that PSA was backed up and in order to stop the backlog they ceased all the lower priced options for grading. As many people were just sending hundreds if not thousands of cards to get graded for the 90 day service etc. So, by ceasing that and only doing the high end price point of $200 you mention it gave PSA time to sort thru all the backlog of massive cards that they needed to get graded. As many have sat out while the price is $200 but once it goes back to a lower price point option they will be deluge again in a backlog (hopefully not as bad). My only thought is how will this hurt the other companies that have sprouted up in the grading industry.

Have any other questions feel free to ask.
    @MichaelS
    DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 08-11-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast