Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos 2021 IP Success Thread

I finally got back into graphing for the first time in over 15 months. Some life updates: I've moved to Nashville, TN for a new job. So despite my username, most of my autographs will now be from another city and state. I've got a new city and new teams to learn about. Here's my total recap from my 8 years in the hobby.

2013 - 15 athletes met, 39 autographs for year
    2014 - 76 athletes met, 133 autographs for year
    2015 - 88 athletes met, 177 autographs for year
    2016 - 109 athletes met, 222 autographs for year
    2017 - 95 athletes met, 255 autographs for year
    2018 - 67 athletes met, 202 autographs for year
    2019 - 51 athletes met, 112 autographs for year
    2020 - 30
    athletes met, 93 autographs for year

Total - 371 athletes met, 1233 autographs total

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - Sunday, June 27, 2021

Charlotte Knights (White Sox AAA) at Nashville Sounds (Brewers AAA) - First Horizon Park (Nashville, TN) - 47 Autographs (On the Go)

Tuesday, June 22, 2021 - 13 Autographs (On the Go)
    R.J. Alvarez (Sounds) - 8/8 Cards
    Zach Green (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    Jake Burger (Knights) - 1/1 Card

Thursday, June 24, 2021 - 19 Autographs (On the Go)
    Jim Henderson (Sounds) - 8/8 Cards
    Alex McRae (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Jimmy Lambert (Knights) - 2/2 Cards
    Blake Rutherford (Knights) - 2/2 Cards
    Kodi Medeiros (Knights) - 3/3 Cards
    Gavin Sheets (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Nick Williams (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Mikie Mahtook (Knights) - 1/1 Card

Sunday, June 27, 2021 - 15 Autographs (On the Go)
    Wes Helms (Knights) - 4/4, 4/4 Cards
    Jake Burger (Knights) - 2/2 Cards
    Tim Beckham (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Nick Williams (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Mikie Mahtook (Knights) - 1/1 Card
    Gavin Sheets (Knights) - 2/2 Cards

I finally got back into graphing after a 16 month pause due to COVID-19. My last autograph was in February 2020. After moving to Nashville, my first opportunity was with the Nashville Sounds, the AAA team of the Milwaukee Brewers, in June 2021. I've never really done a lot of minor league graphing, but it's a lot different from graphing MLB teams. I learned the tricks of the Sounds stadium pretty easily, and there's good access to the players inside and outside of the stadium. The biggest challenge is knowing the names and faces of players on the team, as the players are constantly getting sent up and down, released and signed, and changing numbers. The 2021 AAA season is unique in which every series is a 6 game series, so there's a lot of opportunities to get the same players over the course of the week.

The Charlotte Knights, the AAA team of the Chicago White Sox, came into town and being a die hard White Sox fan it was nice to see some of the prospects. I did post-game outside of the stadium on the first game of the series, and not knowing the majority of the faces made it pretty challenging, especially being my first time at the stadium. I got cards signed by R.J. Alvarez (8/8) and Zach Green (4/4) of the Sounds and Jake Burger (1/1) of the Knights. On Thursday, I went inside the stadium and I was able to recognize a lot more players when I can see their jersey numbers. I obtained autos cards from Sounds pitching coach Jim Henderson (8/8) and from the Knights I got Alex McRae (1/1), Jimmy Lambert (2/2), Blake Rutherford (2/2), Kodi Medeiros (3/3), Gavin Sheets (1/1), Nick Williams (1/1) and Mikie Mahtook (1/1) all by the dugout and foul lines befoer the game. I went back inside on Sunday as well and stayed on the Knights side the whole time. I received autos from Wes Helms (4/4), Jake Burger (2/2), Tim Beckham (1/1), Nick Wiliams (1/1), and Mikie Mahtook (1/1). Outside of the stadium I got Wes Helms (4/4) again and Gavin Sheets (2/2). Overall I got 47 autographs on the week, and I could have had a lot more but it took some learning to know how to graph the minor leagues, as it takes a lot more effort to call players over and recognize their faces.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Great showing for your first come back since COVID
    Plus you got a chance to knock off some Sox for your collection

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice haul! question i have taken time off too a few years (had a good buddy of mine who did a lot of graphing with me die of cancer hit me real hard tried to do a bit in 2018 and 2019 but nothing like it use to be and not as much as i had done for years prior) then i had the itch to get back into like i use to in 2020 and then covid hit then i was all amped up that they were going to have spring training 2021 but then come to find out they were going to have a lot of restrictions including no autographs from players and players could not interact with fans these rules trickled down to the Minors (which i graph the most) my question is with all the rules HOW did you manage to get those autographs are Players and coaches not Adhering to the rules my league is the Florida State league but its about almost over so any info you give will help me decided if i prepare to graph next year or not. Again Nice haul especially in the Covid Era when players are not suppose to be interacting with fans

SCF Rewards
    Country

Basically, every team has been different. My home team is the Daytona Tortugas and there are minimal restrictions. But I have heard that the Tampa Tarpons basically haven't signed much at all this year, especially now that Dominguez is there.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

SCF Rewards
    Country

my home team is the Fort Myers Muscles have been tempted to go and graph but then i just think about the rules MLB and MILB put in place and feel like they will not even sign but hearing what you said about Daytona gives me hope as the Twins originations have always been pretty laid back when it comes to fans and autographs might give it a whorl today they have a game against Bradenton. if i do make it out there ill post back as to how there habits are. but glad to hear that teams and organizations and leagues are becoming more lax when it comes to fan interaction. but yeah it sucked last year i got a lot of the bowman draft and bowman prospect cards for the few years i took off 2017-2019 and was ready to really get back into it and then covid it there went the summer and after hearing the new rules i didn't even give Spring training a try. did you try spring training at all? if so how did you make out? Thanks again for your reply! much appreciated!
    Basically, every team has been different. My home team is the Daytona Tortugas and there are minimal restrictions. But I have heard that the Tampa Tarpons basically haven't signed much at all this year, especially now that Dominguez is there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There was no access during ST at all, anywhere, from what I understand.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - Sunday, July 18, 2021

Louisville Bats (Reds AAA) at Nashville Sounds (Brewers AAA) - First Horizon Park (Nashville, TN) - 39 Autographs (On the Go)

Tuesday, July 13, 2021 - 20 Autographs (On the Go)
    Derek Fisher (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    Dustin Peterson (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    Patrick Weigel (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    Chad Sobotka (Sounds) - 1/1 Card
    Carson Fulmer (Bats) - 1/1 Card
    Hunter Greene (Bats) - 1/1 Card
    Brandon Finnegan (Bats) - 5/5 Cards

Wednesday, July 14, 2021 - 12 Autographs (On the Go)
    Derek Fisher (Sounds) - 1/1 Cards
    Jamie Westbrook (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    T.J. Friedl (Bats) - 1/1 Card
    Michael Lorenzen (Bats) - 1/1 Card
    Tim Adleman (Bats) - 2/2 Cards
    Seth Etherton (Bats) - 1/1 Card
    Hunter Greene (Bats) - 1/1 ROMLB

Thursday July 15, 2021 - 7 Autographs (On the Go)
    R.J. Alvarez (Sounds) - 1/1 Cards
    Jamie Westbrook (Sounds) - 4/4 Cards
    Hunter Greene (Bats) - 1/1 Card

The Louisville Bats, the AAA team of the Cincinnati Reds, came to Nashville and I was able to find a few days to graph post-game outside of the stadium. On Tuesday, I received autographs on cards from Derek Fisher (4/4), Dustin Peterson (4/4), Patrick Weigel (4/4), and Chad Sobotka (1/1) from the Sounds and Carson Fulmer (1/1), Hunter Greene (1/1) and Brandon Finnegan (1/1) from the Bats. I've heard horror stories about Greene but he was super nice and was making small talk with everyone all week. On Wednesday, I got cards signed from Derek Fisher (1/1) and Jamie Westbrook (4/4) from the Sounds and T.J. Friedl (1/1), Michael Lorenzen (1/1), Tim Adleman (2/2), Seth Etherton (1/1), and Carson Fulmer (1/1) from the Bats. Hunter Greene signed a baseball on the sweet spot for me to top the night. Fulmer is awesome and is an automatic 1 per every time, Lorenzen was on a rehab assignment, and Adleman is 1 per but I had help to get the 2nd card signed. With Greene being really friendly the night before I tested my luck on a ROMLB as I've heard he's known to side panel, personalize, and loop the personalization through the auto but he signed on the sweet spot for me with a decently full autograph. I went for a third straight night on Thursday as I was busy the rest of the weekend and knew this would be my last chance for the week. I got R.J. Alvarez (1/1), Jamie Westbrook (4/4) on cards from the Sounds and Carson Fulmer (1/1) and Hunter Greene (1/1) on cards from the Bats. Overall I obtained 39 autographs on the week including getting Hunter Greene 3 times.

YEAR TO DATE: 86
    SIT DOWN: 0
    ON THE GO: 86

adiddle - Thanks for the kind words! I'm super stoked to get back to normal graphing.

everythingcollect - There's been no COVID restrictions from the Sounds or visiting teams as far as I'm aware. Some of the players would say they can't sign because of COVID but that's about it.