Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Is this the smoothest slide of all time

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...going-see.html

The Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop executed what some are calling the smoothest slide in baseball history during Tuesday's win over the Phillies in Philadelphia. Not only did Turner manage to avoid the tag from Phillies catcher JT Realmuto, but he punctuated the scoring play by effortlessly gliding to his feet and pivoting back to the dugout like a skier wrapping up a slalom run.

'Trea Turner is a magician on the basepaths!' Tweeted Dodgers Nation's Doug McKain. 'This the most satisfying slide you'll see today.'

This is the smoothest slide you're ever gonna see by Trea Turner. #Dodgers

pic.twitter.com/Za2B148CH9
    — Dodgers Nation (@DodgersNation) August 11, 2021

The throw from Philadelphia's Bryce Harper was on target, but Turner, who is known for his impressive base running, was much too fast coming around third and into home.

Turner easily touched the plate with his left hand before allowing his momentum to take him to his feet.

The maneuver was nothing new, according to Turner.

'I try to avoid tags, but that's just how I've slid basically my whole life.'

While it may be old news for Turner, it's new for Dodgers fans, who were definitely impressed.

'Trea Turner out here running like Flash,' wrote one on Twitter.

'This is the smoothest slide you're ever gonna see by Trea Turner,' read another tweet.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Very nice slide!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    Twitter: @alexsbaseball See 5cowboysb's Items on eBay

How he did it so fluidly is beyond me. They must use little tiny balls instead of sand out there.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome slide love the 360 walking to the dugout. Very smooth.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

He has always been fun to watch. It was always a good afternoon when I got to go catch him in college and it was almost a guaranteed win if it was a night that Rodon was also pitching.