Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what happens to Topps?

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thing is Fanatics doesn't need Panini, Upper Deck or Topps if they are a monopoly and control the football, baseball, and basketball card market. They will soon take over the hockey, soccer, UFC, wrestling, etc. They then can pump out whatever they want and whenever and there is really nothing collectors can do about it. Why would Fanatics waste more money acquiring the brands from Topps when they could just make Fanatics Draft, Fanatics Metallic, Fanatics Throwbacks, etc. to replace the Topps brands?

I don’t understand your first point. I am not sure we are talking about a monopoly. Topps is/was somewhat a monopoly for the MLB baseball card market.

They are not wasting money if they acquire Topps. It’s cost effective to just buy out pre-existing companies with the existing infrastructure rather than start from scratch. That’s how rich companies get richer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don’t understand your first point. I am not sure we are talking about a monopoly. Topps is/was somewhat a monopoly for the MLB baseball card market.

They are not wasting money if they acquire Topps. It’s cost effective to just buy out pre-existing companies with the existing infrastructure rather than start from scratch. That’s how rich companies get richer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides Topps not being a monopoly in baseball. Fanatics now has the licenses for MLB, the NFL, and now the NBA. They are working on the NHL and others. Panini had the NFL and NBA and Upper Deck has the license for the NHL. So there will be essentially no competition as they will become a monopoly for the 4 major sports in North America. They also have signed a ridiculously long 20 year contract with the NBA/NFL. This is in no way comparable to anything before. There will be no alternatives. No licensed or unlicensed.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (2119)
    Country
    See dpcampsportscards's Items on eBay

My question will both Panini and Topps Flood the market with BB FB BKB product?...will Soccer F-1 MMA be thing to start collecting will Golf make a return ? Will Topps release BB FB BKB with out team logos...personally I see Topps being involved some way
    Last edited by dragonslayer913; 08-27-2021 at 10:34 PM.

BANNED

Country
    Twitter: @alexsbaseball See 5cowboysb's Items on eBay

I hope Topps finds a way to continue its baseball product. Go the route of Upper Deck and not use logos, something like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't see a whole lot changing from a collecting standpoint. They just own Topps now and a few seats have changed in the boardroom.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cjo2's Items on eBay

I don't see a whole lot changing from a collecting standpoint. They just own Topps now and a few seats have changed in the boardroom.

???? Did Fanatics just buy Topps ????
    otherwise I don't understand your post
    Check out my wantlist at Hidden Content
    and my tradelist at Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Companies are constantly involved in M&A's. It doesn't necessarily result in a death sentence for the company or their products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12