Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Get ready for no more Young Guns..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Fanatics rolled in with armoured trucks... Topps was given the chance to match and passed.

IMO, Fanatics will flood the market with millions of cards that they then tout as even more precious than the most precious of precious gems.

This is like buying all the USA's State Lottery Systems... and the printing presses that print the scratch tickets.

They will come for Upper Deck and the Hockey cards next.

I'm calling it now... the Junk Fanatics Era will be the final greed that sinks modern cards forever.

unless,... they massively scale back print production and bring real security to their slabs that the current grading companies don't have.

They already sell signed jerseys, equipment, and memorabilia.

With a bigger connection to the players... I would not be surprised to see them also break into secure grading of cards while also authenticating autographs and memorabilia.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I wonder if there wouldn’t be anymore breakers and LCS's if regular people like myself could start buying at affordable prices again. Might not be a bad thing…
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder if there wouldn’t be anymore breakers and LCS's if regular people like myself could start buying at affordable prices again. Might not be a bad thing…

Why would you think that?
    They paid 10x what Topps paid.

You think houses in Canada will ever be affordable again?

This is a business not a hobby for you to enjoy.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

The Topps/Mudrick merger that would have taken Topps public has predictably been dropped.

I don't see how this ends with anything other than Fanatics buying Topps at a discount given the bargaining position they find themselves in with the leagues and PAs having stakes in Fanatics.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

Why would you think that?
    They paid 10x what Topps paid.

You think houses in Canada will ever be affordable again?

This is a business not a hobby for you to enjoy.

The market will crash, it’s just a matter of time…. You think people will be able to afford houses when everything is rising in prices? Not sure… prices will need to come down or there will be a lot of bankruptcies. It’s already starting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

The market will crash, it’s just a matter of time…. You think people will be able to afford houses when everything is rising in prices? Not sure… prices will need to come down or there will be a lot of bankruptcies. It’s already starting.

That's a tough one. There may be a minor correction, but we've been hearing there's a bubble, the market will crash etc for years. Nothing ever happens. I have my oldest kid {19) saving now.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just a crazy week for the hobby in general and this takes the cake.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in hockey with the NHLPA and Upper Deck.... It's going to be wild to watch it all unfold.

Still in shock to be honest.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They didn't "steal" anything. They made a better pitch .

@30ranfordfan

How do you think they made a better pitch? If I READ IT CORRECTLY TOPPS had the option to match the offer. They, refused so not sure why it was a better pitch as all Topps had to do was agree to the terms which was too rich for their blood. Just like free agency if you want player A you pay this sum. If not I am going somewhere else to play. Not a better pitch in my opinion just a big dollar amount that Topps was not willing to match. Should be fun what to see UD and Panini does if they get to the same scenario.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 08-20-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@30ranfordfan

How do you think they made a better pitch? If I READ IT CORRECTLY TOPPS had the option to match the offer. They, refused so not sure why it was a better pitch as all Topps had to do was agree to the terms which was too rich for their blood. Just like free agency if you want player A you pay this sum. If not I am going somewhere else to play. Not a better pitch in my opinion just a big dollar amount that Topps was not willing to match. Should be fun what to see UD and Panini does if they get to the same scenario.

DON

That's what makes it a better pitch.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast