Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Why is it that

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Why is it that

Greetings:
    I am sorry for the long reading but I need to get this off my chest to stand up for the little guys who I mean are kids,adults in areas that don't have any access to this product or the deep pockets to afford it. This being a certain "collector" I say it like that cause they aren't really 1 in the first place. This person recently uploaded a break on a website under 1 of many channels that he has to basically boast that he recently purchased a bunch of packs from Topps that were given out to dealers only!!!!! I repeat to dealers only!!!!! Not to be given to him unless he made a purchase at a shop again only if he made a purchase at a shop not given to him directly by Topps. Now before I continue I know that people from Topps might read this cause they are an advertiser here a SCF & hopefully they will find a better solution for the future before they leave the hobby. Back to the matter this individual boasts about how he was looking for multiple Autographs in packs that he got from National Baseball Card Day back on August 7th of this year. Now I have not seen the video yet to say how many he got but remember that these packs were only to be distributed at selected shops not this individuals house & I know that Topps has strictly said to dealers that promote this at their shops that any leftover need to be sent back to Topps again not to be sent to any individuals houses for this product. There's Collector's that I have great friendships with on here that they live in areas where they don't have any access to shops or the shops in the area don't particularly participate in the program & yet this individual gets them directly from Topps to his house its just not Flamingo Unbelievable Constitutional Keeping In New Grandifacation fair to say the least. But it happened he gets the cards leaving the rest of us who collect for the fun of the hobby which it is not how they see it or anyone who is remotely related to this individual cause they too have multiple accounts on the internet to upload their breaks as well. I like to hear from people who have supported this person or know of this individual personally what gives you great pleasure knowing someone ruining the hobby that I have enjoyed ever since I started collecting cards back in 1978. Yeah I am cranky old collector & hopefully I can be the voice of the people who don't have the deep pockets to afford high-quality products that get a thrill of a reasonable price for a box & pull something good from it. I also hope that I can be the voice of those who are in areas where they don't have the luxury of a local shop & have to resort to places like Walmart or other retailers or have to drive a long distance to get to a local store as well the voice of the collector who is still not able to get to the show,shop due to the pandemic. This individual needs to be removed from the hobby. I again apologize for the long reading but I had to say what I needed to say & hopefully I hear from what you think of this individual.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Kind of hard for folks to share a opinion or thoughts when you do not share who the so called individual is. I of course I probably do not know them which probably is a good thing the way you are portraying them.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage I rather not mention the individual due to the fact that they have a quite great big fan base due to him & other members of his family on their channels

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage I rather not mention the individual due to the fact that they have a quite great big fan base due to him & other members of his family on their channels

Then I would not expect many responses.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage well....I thought it over now if anyone is curious about the individual that I am not naming its the person who like his brother is Erik Jabs otherwise known as Jabs family

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage well....I thought it over now if anyone is curious about the individual that I am not naming its the person who like his brother is Erik Jabs otherwise known as Jabs family

Guess I isolate myself never heard of them but I do not do a lot on the social media train. Hope you get some responses or thoughts.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @doniceage so far you are the only one to comment on it.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I'm having a hard time understanding the issue here. Your post says this person bought those packs directly from Topps and they were shipped to his home address. If Topps agreed to sell him promotional packs how is the individual at fault? It was Topps' decision to sell according to what you wrote above.
    You completely lost me when you brought up the subject of packs he received during the National Baseball Card Day promotion. What does that have to do with the Topps packs?

Honestly your post turned into a rant all within one giant paragraph that is extremely difficult to understand. If the person in question did a group break for packs he acquired legitimately what exactly is the problem?
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Greetings:
    @jsokol1626 what Jabs does is claims to be a "Collector" when he is not. He takes advantage of all his customers to buy into his breaks he gets products that most people can't get or products that are exclusively for certain places. Now what I was referring about in my initial posting is that these National Sports Card Day packs were only to be distributed to selected hobby shops across the country not to individuals like him. It's guys like him who put a bad name on the hobby that I have enjoyed since 1978.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Greetings:
    @jsokol1626 what Jabs does is claims to be a "Collector" when he is not. He takes advantage of all his customers to buy into his breaks he gets products that most people can't get or products that are exclusively for certain places. Now what I was referring about in my initial posting is that these National Sports Card Day packs were only to be distributed to selected hobby shops across the country not to individuals like him. It's guys like him who put a bad name on the hobby that I have enjoyed since 1978.

Nowadays there are lots of people selling cards and wax that aren't collectors. That became pretty obvious when retail products at Walmart and Target were bought en masse very soon after hitting the shelves. I suspect that certain people are given advance notice of when the vendor will be stocking the sports card shelves. This is why the 'average person' can't find retail cards in stores. The demand for wax has pushed prices sky high and out of reach for many collectors.

I understand that what Jabs is doing is part of a larger problem facing our hobby, but isn't the issue really the person(s) who is giving or selling him products that are intended for hobby shop promotions?