Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible

A while back I showed off a gallery of 200 Absolute Leather and Laces, at the time (and arguably still) the hardest set I've ever completed. It checked the box of game used/game dated, large checklist, and a nostalgic era of my collecting. Today I'm presenting a partial set of 1999 Upper Deck Retro Inkredible. This 30 card set features 12 HoFers, 7 rookies, and maybe a couple guys who are on the cusp of making Canton. These were inserted 1 out of every 32 packs. For those that remember, the hobby box for 1999 UD Retro was actually a lunchbox complete with clasps and all. I broke two boxes myself over the years, netting a Largent and a Tarkenton. Enjoy the gallery and any new ones I get I'll be posted. The Walton Payton is what I'd consider the very top want that would check a lot of completed boxes in my collection. Enjoy and thanks for looking!

Have:
    Adrian Murrell
    Antowain Smith
    Brock Huard (Rookie)
    Cris Carter (HOF)
    Cade McNown (Rookie)
    David Boston (Rookie)
    Dan Fouts (HOF)
    Dorsey Levens
    Fran Tarkenton (HOF)
    Garrison Hearst
    Jon Kitna
    Joe Montana (HOF)
    Ozzie Newsome (HOF)
    Paul Warfield (HOF)
    Rod Smith
    Shaun King (Rookie)
    Steve Largent (HOF)
    Torry Holt (Rookie)
    Terrell Owens (HOF)
    Wayne Chrebet

Want
    Akili Smith (Rookie)
    Daunte Culpepper (Rookie)
    Joe Namath (HOF)
    Donovan McNabb (Rookie)
    Roger Staubach (HOF)
    Randy Moss (HOF)
    Ricky Williams (Rookie)
    Tim Couch (Rookie)
    Terrell Davis (HOF)
    Walter Payton (HOF)

JM.jpg

Gallery - http://jplarson.com/1999udr_inkredible.htm
    Last edited by jplcom; 01-23-2022 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Holt acquired

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Wow those are cool! Wasn’t familiar with this set at all until now

Hope you get the Walter! How many or often have you come across this card and the stars just didn’t line up at the time?

The Montana and Largent are bad @$$ cards. I have always wanted something with a Joe Montana auto on it.

So this draft class appears to be the start of the down fall of autograph’s. Where a players initials became an acceptable signature. The older guys have sweet recognizable and readable looking autographs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Wow those are cool! Wasn’t familiar with this set at all until now

Hope you get the Walter! How many or often have you come across this card and the stars just didn’t line up at the time?

The Montana and Largent are bad @$$ cards. I have always wanted something with a Joe Montana auto on it.

So this draft class appears to be the start of the down fall of autograph’s. Where a players initials became an acceptable signature. The older guys have sweet recognizable and readable looking autographs.

Thanks! I'd say so far I missed out on Akili Smith, Warfield, and Couch on reasonable prices. They seem to pop up often enough where I'm not too worried. I'll always regret not picking up a Payton for $600 when I had the chance. An auction recently went for around $930 and the one BIN out there raised their price from $999 to I think $1100.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A very cool set indeed. Have a picture of the box it came in. Never seen one that I remember.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I love that set and remember busting some boxes also back in the day. I actually pulled the gold Ricky Williams and sold it for quite a bit. I don't remember the exact price, but it was the most I had sold a card for at the time. I have been wanting the Walter Payton auto also. Good luck with your set building.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph