Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ohio State freshman quarterback Quinn Ewers signs $1.4 million deal to sign autographs

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

It's weird to think about an 18 year old who hasn't played a down of college ball, let alone professional, to make 7-figures in an endorsement deal. It's not irrational. I don't know ANY 18 y/o who would pass up making $1.4 million. At that age I had a work study job that paid $7.50 an hour. You bet if I had the chance to make that kind of money have it not be unethical I would have done it in a second.

There's no guarantee he translates high school success to the NFL. There's no promise he's able to crack a starting job in the next 3-4 years at college. It's completely logical he takes some endorsement deal now and gets paid. Very few get to a position where they can earn that kind of money in any walk of life, much less football.

Is it something that should happen? That's still open for debate. I think in our free market/capitalist society, yeah. If you can produce a good or service that people want, you should be able to make money off of it. No different than if he wrote a killer smart phone app, dropped out to create the next Microsoft or Facebook, or wrote a book that was optioned into a movie. All rare occurrences true, but so is becoming a money making quarterback in the NFL.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Well said JP

I know I am looking forward to reading future stories about either his success or flop. Hope the young man makes some good “life decisions”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am sure the IRS is loving this new revenue stream. I am sure like many athletes we will start hearing about kids who do not pay their taxes (just saying).

DON