Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Evander Kane Facing Abortion-For-Pay Lawsuit

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/...ing-pregnancy/

Evander Kane just cannot seem to stop the bleeding when it comes to his personal life.

This time around, the San Jose Sharks star has issues with a broken promise about paying for abortions. You read that correctly.

The story involves Kane and a woman who claims he promised her $2 million for having an abortion. Hope Parker sued Kane back in 2018.

“Plaintiff (Parker) was unwilling to terminate the third pregnancy until Defendant (Kane) offered her two to three million dollars to do so,” federal bankruptcy judge Stephen Johnson wrote, per The Athletic.

“Then, on June 13, 2018, Plaintiff sent Defendant a text message of her lab results, which confirmed she had terminated the third pregnancy. When Plaintiff requested Defendant update her on the status of her payment, Defendant, for the first time, told (Plaintiff) he was not going to pay her, stating: ‘I’ll have my lawyer contact you I’m not dealing with this any further then.’

“I can infer from the complaint that Plaintiff falsely said he would pay … to abort the third pregnancy, and that he did so to deceive (her) into actually undergoing that abortion.”

A federal judge has now given the go-ahead for the lawsuit to continue, which means Parker, who first sued in 2018, can start seeking things like electronic correspondence and testimony from Kane, who has said he “changed his mind” about paying Parker the agreed upon amount just prior to her providing him proof of the abortion.

The Evander Kane bankruptcy keeps getting more intense as judge rules abortion case against him can proceed, my story
    via @TheAthletic https://t.co/QVm5kS5sD7
    — Daniel Kaplan (@KaplanSportsBiz) August 24, 2021

Parker’s lawsuit was postponed in 2020 because of the global pandemic.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

He seems like such a wonderful guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

May as well throw his cards in the dumpster...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

He's going through it right now, but it seems like he's been going through it for most of his career.

Amazing that the Shark still owe him $28m.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

There might be clauses in his contract, that could negate it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    See bfd13's Items on eBay

It's amazing more teams don't put standard morals clauses in contracts. His team takes a big image hit on this, no matter what.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

It's amazing more teams don't put standard morals clauses in contracts. His team takes a big image hit on this, no matter what.

I'm sure most, if not all, contracts have a clause like this. Using it to negate a contract is probably a massive headache and would definitely raise the ire of the NHLPA. It would have to be egregious behavior before a team would invoke it. I think Kane is at that point now, though.