Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fantasy Pool Eastern Conference Discussion Thread

@Cunnuc @opulent jupiter @cjs-sportscards @toddsr @johnse27 @warr10r @Stephler4 @jsokol1626 @cjrw83 @Flyers67 @mq13

Hey guys! Thanks again for joining. Let's have some fun this year.

Thought I'd start a new thread, specific for our pool.

You should have just received notice that I set a draft time. It will be Sunday at 9:00 PM

There were 4 votes each for Sunday & Monday..... but 4 votes for Sunday as a 2nd choice, vs only 2 for Monday. I hope everyone will be able to make it.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Sean

I see that one manager still has not joined the league. There was another SCF member (DadOfNate) who was interested in participating but both leagues had already been filled. He posted in the original thread that he was willing to be an alternate if a vacancy occurred. Flyers67 logged on to SCF yesterday so he should be aware that the leagues are formed and a draft poll was posted. It could be that he just doesn't have the time to be an active manager over the course of a long season.

I have the alternate's e-mail address if you want to send him an invite.

Joe

@Cunnuc @opulent jupiter @cjs-sportscards @toddsr @johnse27 @warr10r @Stephler4 @jsokol1626 @cjrw83 @Flyers67 @mq13

Hey guys! Thanks again for joining. Let's have some fun this year.

Thought I'd start a new thread, specific for our pool.

You should have just received notice that I set a draft time. It will be Sunday at 9:00 PM

There were 4 votes each for Sunday & Monday..... but 4 votes for Sunday as a 2nd choice, vs only 2 for Monday. I hope everyone will be able to make it.

I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sean

I see that one manager still has not joined the league. There was another SCF member (DadOfNate) who was interested in participating but both leagues had already been filled. He posted in the original thread that he was willing to be an alternate if a vacancy occurred. Flyers67 logged on to SCF yesterday so he should be aware that the leagues are formed and a draft poll was posted. It could be that he just doesn't have the time to be an active manager over the course of a long season.

I have the alternate's e-mail address if you want to send him an invite.

Joe

Thanks Joe. I did see that post, and was going to contact him. I'm still waiting for Flyers67 to join - but I will have to cut it off at some point.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See navarrofat's Items on eBay

I was just reading through the league settings and I notice there is no minimums for goalies. Should there be a 2-3 game minimum per week for goalies? To avoid someone getting a shutout on Monday and sitting their goalies the rest of the week to win potentially 4 categories (L, GAA, SV% and maybe 1 shutout would win that category most weeks too).

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

I was just reading through the league settings and I notice there is no minimums for goalies. Should there be a 2-3 game minimum per week for goalies? To avoid someone getting a shutout on Monday and sitting their goalies the rest of the week to win potentially 4 categories (L, GAA, SV% and maybe 1 shutout would win that category most weeks too).

The current setting is a minimum of 2 starts for goalies. I believe we have used 3 in the past. Whatever the number is it should be consistent with the western conference league.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

The current setting is a minimum of 2 starts for goalies. I believe we have used 3 in the past. Whatever the number is it should be consistent with the western conference league.

There is a 2 start minimum, though I don't think it applies to shut outs.

If you get a shut out on Monday, and the. Bench your goalies for the rest of the week - you will win the shut out category, but you won't qualify on the others.

I'll confirm with @RGM81 that this is consistant with the other division..... but I just imported thr settings from last year, and I'm prettu sure they originally came from a list of settings he set up.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

@jsokol1626 @warr10r (and everyone else)

I had a look at the setting, talked to @RGM81, and also reviewed the main thread:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-Signup-Thread

Goalies should have been a minimum 3 starts (not two). Likely a mistake a made years ago.

Anyway, you probably all got notice of a change made to the league. That's what it was.

I think everyone is aware this is a head-to-head league (check out that link I posted, with the scoring break down) if you're not sure what that means.

For the goalie stats specifically: In order to win the stats for the week, you have to have AT LEAST three starts from your goalies... but this doesn't apply to wins or shutouts.

So if you started a goalie on Monday, and they get a Shutout: At the end of the week if your opponent has zero shutouts, and zero wins: You would get those two points.... but you'll only get the points for GAA, S%, L, and OTL if you had at least three goalie starts during the week.

I hope that clears it up.

Draft is at 9:00 PM EST tonight. We'll know who has first pick when ESPN randomizes it at 8pm. Good luck!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had fun with the draft. Hope the rest of you did too. Good luck with the season starting tomorrow!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I missed the draft and I was looking forward to it ! Oh well, kinda like my team. I landed Auston Matthews so that is surprising .

Excited for hockey tonight ! :)
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Quick update for everybody - UD has delivered on their prize box. Winner gets a box of 2021-22 UD Series 1!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast