Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Duke Blue Devils

1960s Bazooka and Post Cereal

I have located quite a few of the Bazooka (small) and Post Cereal (larger but still not standard sized?) cards from the early 1960s in my collection. Being a rookie to SCF I wonder if I may ask for opinions as to trade, sell or hold these cards. Most are in great condition even if the hand cutting could have been done better (hey, I was 9-10 years old). There are many HOF guys among them and I have doubles of some.
    I have attached a jpeg of a Berra and Yaz as example.
    Thanks.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Carlton,
    Glad to have you on the site and will try to reply to your question.

You have asked to hold, sell, or trade these cards. Since, there is no clear cut answer let me ask you this. Do you still collect? If you do then trading is a option for stuff you might want. As I am sure you will find folks who would love to trade for these cereal and oddball cards of Hall of Famers and stars of yesterday.

If you do not collect and they mean nothing to you I would look at selling them as it a good time to sell compared to the previous years. That is just my two cents. Now, if your really looking to maximum the dollars you might want to consider getting them graded but you will need to do some diligent research as it might not be cost effective unless you get top notch grades on the cards you submit as the prices to submit are very high now.

Look at ebay for sales and compare them to what you have. Here a example of the Yaz.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/11504208018...p2047675.l2557

If you have any more questions feel free to ask and glad to have you on the boards.
    @calsp3
    DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks doniceage so much for the feedback. I am a collector but not actively, at least not yet or in the sense of trying to fill out sets. But I have quite a few 1950s and 1960s Topps cards and assorted oddities, like these Bazooka and Post Cereal cut outs, some early Fleer cards, fold out pictures that came in the Topps packs, some subsets like Ted Williams specific series cards, some odd blue and red embossed all star cards, that kind of thing.
    Perhaps the basis of my question is - should I think of trading/selling the oddities and focus on my Topps collection? Or is having an eclectic set of all kinds of stuff just the way to stay?
    Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

Vintage is pretty hot right now, that said, no one can tell you how or what to collect.

I personally prefer the oddball stuff (such as these) as opposed to the regular Topps, but I have built most of the regular topps sets multiple times, so they arent quite exciting for me.

If you are looking to sell, now is the time. If you are looking to trade, make sure you want to move these out. Topps stuff is easy to come by relatively speaking. The bazooka (and to a lesser extent post) stuff is a bit harder to find, so once you get rid of it you may have trouble finding it again

Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good feedback and pretty much a confirmation of my instincts. I do like the variety of vintage stuff I have and really don't have the inclination to start set building. So I will look for multiples, trade or sell them if they are of any value, but stick with my variety. I will be open to helping someone fill out sets in the Topps 1958-1967 eras (with non HOF players unless multiples) since I will not be set building myself.
    That said, if anyone has needs for unique stuff from this era, you can let me know, I will check and I will consider should I own.
    Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

PLMK if you have any of the "BIRDS" I've got on this thread - [Baseball] Does anyone have any of these "old" "BIRDS" .......... (sportscardforum.com) - They are the ones I'd like to add to my "vintage' "BIRDS" collection. If you have any, plmk what you'd want in trade. I'd also be interested in 1954 & 1955 'BIRDS" that I don't have (I just don't know the #'s of those that I don't have). So, if you have '54 & '55 Bowman and Topps "BIRDS" plmk which ones and I'll check to see which ones I'd like to get. Hope we can work out a trade. Have a good evening, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country

Rodney, sorry for delayed response but I did check and don’t have any of the cards you are looking for. Carl

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

calsp3 - THANKS for the quick reply. Have a good day, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers
    See CaOldGuy-22's Items on eBay

Hi,
    If you have any 1963 cards I would be interested. I'm personally collecting the 1974 Topps set, because that's the set that got me started collecting. I'm also collecting the year 1963, because that is my birth year. I collect Dodgers modern and vintage

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dodgerfan,
    You can check out what cards I have to trade and cards I am looking for in return at my site:
    https://carltonscards.weebly.com/
    Thanks