Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Buster Posey retires

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Buster Posey retires

A little bit of a shock since he had such a great comeback season after sitting out the shortened one. Does he end up making the HOF after bowing out so early? He has a great player when he played but he really doesn't have the stat totals for a modern HOF induction.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Lifelong San Fran Giants fan so I’m definitely biased, having him as the catcher for a decade was awesome!

Two sides of the HOF vote are that he does not have the count totals BUT 3 World Series titles and a career average that is outstanding from the catcher position

It is sad seeing him go. Could kind of see things were nearing an end when he sat out the 2020 season. Either way, stoked that he only ever played for the Giants! Great career and hats off to you Buster Posey!!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Awesome to see a great player stay his whole career in one locale. Is there any reason why he wants to sit out per se. I admire athletes who want to leave the sport while they still have something in the tank as their so much more to their lives (family, career out of sports, hobbies, etc. that they want to explore).

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

From what the articles say online, Buster Posey has four kids including twins that are maybe under 2 years old now.

These are quotes from the mlb.com article:

“I think it really allowed me to really, really empty the tank this year like I never have before.”

“The reason I’m retiring is I want to be able to do more stuff from February to November with my family,” Posey said. “Physically, it’s much harder now, and to be honest, it’s hard to enjoy it as much when there’s physical pain that you’re dealing with on a daily basis.”

Posey said he plans to move back to his native Georgia to be closer to his extended family in the near future, though he still plans to remain involved with the Giants in some capacity. He knows it’ll be strange not to report to Scottsdale, Ariz., once Spring Training rolls around in February, but he expects to still have his hands full.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Hofer

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Amazing career and enjoy retirement and life!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Him and the manager should go in imo

SCF Rewards
    Country

No on the HOF.