Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Leafs

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a Fan Club that just follows me around to create Drama. They wanna talk about how much the Leafs Suck when they're teams sitting at the bottom of the division with 6 Wins. When you blow a game your leading 2-1 with under 2 minutes left & dont even get a point i dont think you should be slinging crap in anyone's direction, especially a team thats miles ahead of you in points & the standings!!
    Must have been some bad flashbacks last night when Tampa Bay came back to win the game with under 2 minutes left. I think they should get another Stanley Cup just for that. Oh, the Memories lmao.

I just love this, but keep it civil.
    Some soul in the fb forum went on a political rant that crossed the line.

Last edited by jameslacarte; 12-08-2021 at 11:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

The NHL department of safety continues to be a complete joke and there is no other way to put it. Spezza is one of the most respected players in the game and gets the book thrown at him b/c he was sticking up for his team mate. I don't want this to get into a Tom Wilson discussion, but how the NHL handled his last incident was the worst example of discipline in sports I have ever seen. Wilson reminds me of that guy everyone knows that gets away with everything no matter what he does and never learns and just walks around with a smile on his face. NHL WAKE UP!
    Last edited by chakhae1; 12-08-2021 at 01:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear ya!! I think we need to get back to the NHL policing itself cause the guys that should be doing it are a joke, Isnt it a former NHL Goon running the show there? I cant recall his name cause he just wasn't important enough to remember.
    I dont even think Spezza or the Leafs are even appealing this decision.
    Like i said earlier, when Connor McDavid has to ram a no name clown's face into the glass that should tell you all you need to know about this joke of a League. They dont protect they're Star Players.
    The Leafs have a whole 4th line full of Goons & im sure our next game against the Jets there will be some retribution. Both Dubois & Pionk deserve a whoopin. Imagine back in the day what guys like Domi, Manson, Marchment, Kordic or Baumgartner would have done to these guys for what they did to Sandin & Matthews? They would have been eating they're lunch through straws for 12 weeks. The NHL made all these changes to let the Stars be Stars & you allow this kind of nonsense to go on. Even in todays NHL what would Tom Wilson do if they did that to Ovechkin or Reaves if this happened to Lafreniere or Mika or Panarin. They got Reaves just because of what happened to Panarin last year by Wilson i believe. That wont happen this year thats for sure!!

The NHL department of safety continues to be a complete joke and there is no other way to put it. Spezza is one of the most respected players in the game and gets the book thrown at him b/c he was sticking up for his team mate. I don't want this to get into a Tom Wilson discussion, but how the NHL handled his last incident was the worst example of discipline in sports I have ever seen. Wilson reminds me of that guy everyone knows that gets away with everything no matter what he does and never learns and just walks around with a smile on his face. NHL WAKE UP!

Last edited by jameslacarte; 12-08-2021 at 02:24 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

How much did Connor get for his hit? George Parros is in charge of the NHL safety protocols. Same guy that got the $#@$ beat by Coiton Orr when he was a Hab. To me policing the NHL or any league is simple. Let the time suit the crime and take past incidents into consideration. The most Spezza should have gotten is two games which is what typically hits to the head get no matter how vicious they are. Why he got 6 is beyond me. Was in retaliation? No F it was! One of our best d men took a knee on a knee collision so what is a team mate to do? Parros needs to go. He missed the ball on Wilson and now Leafs aside, missed the ball on pretty much every disciplinary action he has dished out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When the Leafs Pre Game Panel was talking about what Spezza should get they all agreed & said 3 games & i laughed, thinking that was too much so when 6 games was doled out my jaw hit the floor. Repeat offenders get less than that!! Was Spezza trying to hit Pionk? Yeah for sure but he wasnt trying to knee him in the head. It blows my mind that he gets 6 games & Pionk only got 2. Parros is as good at this job as he was at being a hockey player.
    Just imagine if this happened to a Habs player, the Montreal Media & Fans would have Parros's Job & Pionk would be public enemy #1!!! C'mon, Tell me i am wrong..

How much did Connor get for his hit? George Parros is in charge of the NHL safety protocols. Same guy that got the $#@$ beat by Coiton Orr when he was a Hab. To me policing the NHL or any league is simple. Let the time suit the crime and take past incidents into consideration. The most Spezza should have gotten is two games which is what typically hits to the head get no matter how vicious they are. Why he got 6 is beyond me. Was in retaliation? No F it was! One of our best d men took a knee on a knee collision so what is a team mate to do? Parros needs to go. He missed the ball on Wilson and now Leafs aside, missed the ball on pretty much every disciplinary action he has dished out.

Last edited by jameslacarte; 12-08-2021 at 02:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

You are right. McDavid didn't even get suspended for his hit on Kempe and for anyone else that's easily 2 games. As you said there is no consistency. If you want to cut down on hits to the head then throw the book or at least do something when the best player in the league or a superstar is the criminal. The beat goes on and on. Wasn't there an incident where the player in question was related to Parros somehow so there was no suspension or something? It's just ridiculous what the NHL has come to. Stop hiring these goons and get someone that actually knows and cares about hockey to run how it is policed!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just read that the Leafs & Spezza Are Appealing the 6 game suspension he was given & rightfully so.

Nope, McDavid got nothing for his hit but i honestly dont think he deserved one for it. Kempe followed him up the ice hacking & whacking him & after knocking McDavid's stick out of his hands he had finally had enough & saw his chance for payback & took it. I watched the entire play & there could easily have been 2 penalties handed to Kempe on that play but nothing was called so what do you expect McDavid to do? Most of that rush up the ice McDavid had the puck so ™™™ were the Refs looking at? They talk about getting this crap out of the League but they let stuff like this go? Keep giving them penalties for it & it will stop, especially with a team that has a Power Play like they do. There's no consistancy, just like the new cross checking penalties they are on this year. They called it all the time the 1st few months & now its back to normal. They seem to only call it for & on certain players, mainly the repeat offenders. They called one on Reilly the other night & all he did was touch the guys back with his stick & the player went down. Should have been a diving penalty lol.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I actually think that McDavid is a good ambassador for the game but it is sad that Oilers management is probably the worst in all of hockey. Bad trade after bad trade, bad draft after bad draft etc etc. I say they should trade Draisaitl for a number one goalie. Easier said than done sure, but their goaltending had been laughable for several years and Koistkinen is no better than a back up. Sad to see b/c their team is a lot better up front with Hyman and Nurse has taken his game to anotherlevel and the two studs up front should be more than enough to at least win a round in the playoffs but idk. lol sound familiar don't it??

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep sure does sound familiar. I think this is the year we get over that hump. Im not saying we're gonna win the Cup but if a lousy team like Montreal can get to the finals then anyone can. At least this year the Habs are exactly where they should be, in last place!! You just need to get hot at the right time & we have shown this year that our attention to Team Defense is vastly improved & we toughened up so teams can no longer push us around although that Dubois/Matthews incident has made me rethink that a bit.
    Hey, for all you guys that said Jack Campbell isnt a starter in this league Eat your Words!! Some guys just take a bit longer to get it, just ask St Louis & Jordan Binnington. Campbell is tops in Save percentage & Wins & 2nd in GAA.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

One of our best d men took a knee on a knee collision so what is a team mate to do?

i thought it was Sandin that got hurt. who by the way in my opinion is a lousy defenseman.
    he reminds me of Quinn Hughes except Hughes gets a lotta points.
    Sandin is so soft kinda like pudding. which is how he looked in last years playoffs. i doubt if he will fair any better this year.
    the Habs even made him look bad, the Habs of all teams!

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast