Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3138394041

Thread: Maple Leafs

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Another year ends in disappointment. Decent game and was enjoyable to watch. Just didn't like the outcome.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Today marks the 29th consecutive year Hab's fan celebrate the Leaf's not winning the cup.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

screw winning the cup. Just try getting out of the first round
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

The Leafs played a very good opponent in the opening round and have nothing to be ashamed of.

Let's face it, if Tampa Bay goes on to win the cup, it would not be a shocker. They are the back-to-back champs and except for a few role players, the main characters and supporting cast are still in place. I would think they remain one of the favourites to win the cup again this year.

For whatever reason, the Leafs cannot overcome the game 7 jitters. I think a big part of this starts with their star players. Watching Matthews and Marner play last night, I got the impression that they were happy to be there but there was no sense of urgency in their game until the end. McDavid by comparison, seemed driven, right from the opening face-off with his big hit on Durzi. Think about it, that's the league's leading scorer laying the body on someone seconds into the game. What a way to make a statement. There is no way that did not inspire the rest of the Oilers to lay it on the line last night. Draisaitl was also out there, in obvious pain and discomfort, however he was still chasing down every puck and going into the corners trying to make plays. It just seemed that Edmonton's leaders played like their lives were on the line while the Leafs' best were "just there" in body but not spirit.

Matthews played well, but McDavid played like he was possessed. As Draisaitl said it in his post game remarks, you could see it in his eyes, Connor was not going to be denied. Until Matthews plays like that in the playoffs, I cannot see the Leafs ever advancing to the second round.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Vasilevskiy was the main difference.
    I wouldn't change much about the Leafs after the season they just had.

Wish I had a Vassy YG or 10...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

I wouldn't agree about Marner and Matthews not having a sense of urgency until the end. The opening 5 minutes alone was amazing. But so was Vasilevskiy.

I wouldn't change much of anything about the Leafs right now. If they make nothing of it again next season then year there should be some changes.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Vasi was the difference maker for sure in Game 7. The dude stole the game and we lost playing our hearts out. A tough loss for sure, but stings less than a total collapse would have.

Next year.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

as I watch Tampa dominate Florida in round 2... I keep flashing back to game 6 where we came back from 2-0 for the second game in a row... then took the lead 26 seconds later, with 7 seconds left before the 3rd period.

Just one period to go, continue to play our game and the 2 time defending Champs are sent packing... then the 2 high sticking penalties lost it for us.

Game 7... Tampa shut it down and Nick Paul was a game 7 hero.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

at least the leafs have a pretty good base for the near future. Not so sure about the B's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Very good chance Toronto will play Tampa again next year in the first round. Or Florida or Boston. That's just the reality and the way the divisions are set up.

Tampa is a very play-off experienced team. Just look at what they're doing to a better team in the regular season but no play-off experience.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3138394041