Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2012 bowman sterling rookie auto black refractor MIKE TROUT /25 Beckett 9.5 auto 10

Hi, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is not the best place to post this. I have a 2012 bowman sterling MIKE TROUT rookie auto black refractor /25 graded by Beckett 9.5 and the auto graded 10. I can't find sales comps anywhere as they obviously don't come up for sale very often, especially in a 9.5/10. Was hoping someone has seen one sold within last year or so to give me an idea as to current value or suggest how I can get a real value. Auction houses keep telling me just put it in our auction and we will see what it goes for. blah blah blah. Would love any thoughts. Just trying to develop some positive trading/buying/selling relationships as I have a massive high end collection I'm looking to starting moving some of over the next few months. Thanks for your time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Colorado Rockies Boston Celtics
    See Nomahlovesyah's Items on eBay

Hi Jax, and welcome. Have you looked at recent sold items on eBay? There is one that sold for $3300 for a similar card /199. There is also an active auction right now for the same grade /199 which you should watch and see how much that one goes for. Since yours is /25, it stands to reason an 8x multiple (as it is 8x more rare, 25 x 8 = 200). So it seems to me around 26K at LEAST would be a reasonable guess. Probably more. However as with all things, it’s worth what someone will pay. If you don’t want to risk it in auction, you could put it on eBay at a very high price (100K or more) and see what offers you get. That’s a great and risk free way to gauge the market (assuming you’d be happy if someone actually buys it for 100K). I have a similar problem with a very high end rookie auto /5 — there are few ways to gauge what it’s worth but I try to look at what the same card /25 or /100 go for and do multiples. But of course ,the rarity can cause the value to go even higher than those multiples. Hope this helps. I am sure there are more experienced folks on the Forum who will also comment. Great, gorgeous card — thanks for sharing! - Josh
    4X SCF Trader of the Month. Please check out my Card Opening YouTube channel!
    Hidden Content I PC Pete Alonso, Triston Casas, Zac Veen, Jim Rice, Luis Robert, Will Clark, Todd Helton, Bobby Dalbec, Jarren Duran, Troy Tulowitzki, Cole Tucker, NOMAH, Rockies/Red Sox Auto’s, Heritage variations, Real One Autos, Topps Photo Variations (SP and SSP), and cards numbered 4/10 (my bday). Cards FT: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Josh, thanks much for the insight. I agree it seems that is about the only way to get a realistic idea as the what it may go for. Appreciate you responding.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think now would be a good time to sell since he has been hurt. I would wait until next spring or if he starts out hot next season to sell it. There is one numbered to 199 on Ebay right now and I not sure what is going on with it. It shows it has sold twice, but the seller keeps relisting it. It looks like like supposedly has sold for a little over $1,600. Yours is obviously worth more than that, but I personally feel 8X is too high. Good luck with whatever you do, but like the other poster said just list on Ebay with high starting price with best offer feature. Good luck.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Colorado Rockies Boston Celtics
    See Nomahlovesyah's Items on eBay

My pleasure. I private messaged you as well. Stay in touch if you want to sell or trade anything!