Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What are your 2022 hobby resolutions?

Let's have some fun. What do you want to achieve for your collection in 2022?

For me....

* Carey Price - 1-2 new SP Authentic autos (I really like the Authentic Moments)
    * Team Canada - 2020 Team Canada Juniors Lafreniere auto patch to complete the team set
    * Cole Caufield - as many of the true RC's as possible
    This Ad will be removed when you a member of sportscardforum.com

* Have as much fun as possible at the Habs/Canucks game in March, despite how decimated the Habs roster is.
    * Josh Gorges - at least 1 of the missing white whales and/or 1-2 1-of-1's
    Carey Price fan and collector!

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 246 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Updated Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

What are your 2022 hobby resolutions?

Oooh! Great topic

I hope 2022 brings:

- 5 cards killed off of my Red Deer Rebels super PC list (24 cards left all time, with a print run if 5 or more)

- a new CHL card from UD/ITG of a Rebels player

- the creation of a team card set for the AJHL and HJHL hockey teams I am a photographer for

- for the movie “Don’t Look Up” to remain fiction, and not turn into a doccumentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Three different "collections" I'm focusing on these days.

Bill Ranford is always top of my list. I think every year I say that I want to add an "older" non-1/1 card that I'm missing. For my purposes, I'll call "older" "Pre-McDavid" (so anything from 2014-15 or earlier). I have not added a card that old in a couple of years - but I actually just landed one on eBay last week, and hope to see it soon. I'd like to add another pre-2015 card I need in the coming year.

My all-time Oilers collection. If we ever get the end of the 2020-21 releases from UD, I'd like to fill in a few of the holes from the last couple of years for the NHL part of my collection. I'm not too worried about these though - it will all happen eventually. For the WHA era, there's a total of 125 players that played at least a game for the Oilers, but never played with them in the NHL. I have signatures from 99 of them - I'd like to see if I could drop that want list from 26..... maybe get it below 20? Tough to do now.

Finally, my Slapshot collection. I really need to get scans of these done, so I can show them off - but this has probably been the biggest one for me, over the past year. Something I'm having a ton of fun with. I now have signatures from 47 different cast members. I'd like to push that to 65+ in the next year, especially the more notable ones.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I'm thinking of selling off the majority of my collection and only keeping a few high end cards, maybe add a few more Ovechkin's, or a McDavid rc.
    Realistically though that sounds like a lot of work so most likely end up procrastinating until I get bored and buy even more stuff. This tendency may or may not pay off big in 30 years when I'm closing in on 90 yrs old.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 12/13 Artifacts,13/14 Prizm, 14/15 Platinum.
    Players: Ovechkin.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm thinking of selling off the majority of my collection and only keeping a few high end cards, maybe add a few more Ovechkin's, or a McDavid rc.
    Realistically though that sounds like a lot of work so most likely end up procrastinating until I get bored and buy even more stuff. This tendency may or may not pay off big in 30 years when I'm closing in on 90 yrs old.

That seems like the direction a lot of folks are going in these days - I think many are banking on Ovi breaking Gretzky's goals record, and it is forcing up the price of his key RC's in a major way. We're a long way removed from when they were a $50 card and people were sour on him compared to Crosby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two goals for my Roy PC for 2022:
    1. Get my PC completion to 77.5%. I currently sit at 72.37%. This would require 145 unique pickups.
    2. Add at least one 1/1 from my PC years to my collection. I only have one currently, and would like to get some more.

I also recently started buying outside of my Roy PC. I sold off 99% of my entire non-Roy collection 3-4 years ago to get engaged and help buy a house, a collection that encompassed all 4 major sports. I'm in a position now to start that collection back up, and hope to pickup between 20-25% of what I previously had. I kept a spreadsheet with everything I used to have, so it should be an easy task to track.
    Patrick Roy PC: Playing days 1985/86-2002/03, excluding National Show/All-Star Game issues.
    PC Completion: 2,278/2,945 = 77.35%
    PC Website: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions New York Yankees Washington Capitals
    Twitter: @@VamosCards See jmc_70's Items on eBay Instagram: Upper Deck ePack

Keep collecting Nittany Lions in the NHL. Hoping a few more get YG in S1 or S2.

I’m not going to say it’s a goal, because it’s a long shot, but I’d like to add one of the two remaining Casey Bailey cards. OPC blank back or Fleer White Hot /5.
    Hockey ISO: 96/97 SPx: Gold parallels not 11,15, 23, 35, 46, 47. 97/98 SPx: Most non-base.
    Recent Caps OPC base and parallels, YG, and FW.
    Baseball ISO: 2020 Gypsy Queen Yankees parallels and inserts.
    Soccer ISO Sergio Canales & Bill Hamid

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Oakland Raiders Toronto Blue Jays
    See barkingtreespider's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Send PayPal to jayeh1969 Member is PayPal Verified

Main focus - 2021/22 UD (YG's) & picking away at completing UD sets from 1999/00 - 2004/05 (mainly YG's)
    Selling off bottom end McFarlane stuff.
    Inventory collection to insure. (anybody know of a reasonable Ins. Co. in Canada?)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well my big one is to slash my spending. Simply spending too much still, be it upgrading/building old (early 70's) OPC sets, or building the Forsberg PC. Prices have gotten silly so it makes it easier to just not buy and sit it out.

Plus I am going to try selling some cards. I have shortlisted about 100 cards with decent value so will try listing some and see what comes of that. Would be very nice to get some money back out of this hobby instead of just pouring money in!

Still love the hobby, but will spend less time and money on it.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Just got back from vacation - missed this sweet thread!

Here are my goals for 2022:

1) Get my Jhonas Enroth collection to 700 total cards.

This will be another tough task to attempt this year when it comes to growing the collection, but I am up to the task. I will definitely try and lean on some more 'oddball' card additions or specific duplicates to help me achieve this goal. But you never know what else you might find along the way. My current count stands at 635 Enroth cards.

2) Complete my Upper Deck 300 Win Club set.

This is a set I haven't been able to add to in quite some time. I am just down to needing the Kipper and Belfour to complete this memorabilia set. The Belfour will be the hardest one to land due to the rarity (Group A 1:16,605 Packs) and price point, but the Kipper isn't an easy find either (Group B 1:4,754 Packs). Both cards are from the original 2012-13 A Piece of History set.

3) Expand my vintage goalie card collection.

While this collecting venture isn't exactly new, it hasn't been something I've been able to focus on all that often. With one card incoming, I hope this can spark my ability to focus on the types of cards I'd like to start trying to land for this project. I really enjoy the history of this hobby, as well as the history of the goaltending position, so this feels like a natural fit.

4) Have fun.

This one seems pretty self explanatory and borderline cliche, however, in a hobby that has taken a wildly different turn in the past two years or so, it's easy to get 'caught up in the hype' and lose why you started to collect in the first place or question if you are 'doing it right' from time-to-time. I hope that I can continue to stick to my lane, collect what I truly enjoy, and share that with the hobby community at large. For those that I've interacted with over the past year, I hope you and your collections can flourish in 2022. You deserve it.
    Jhonas Enroth Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast