Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanatics Buys Topps

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fanatics Buys Topps

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fanatic...ps-11641261997

Big hobby news tonight, as Fanatics has an agreement to purchase Topps.

Now, Fanatics has struck a deal to purchase Topps’ trading card business itself, people familiar with the matter said, furthering its breathtaking takeover of the trading-card landscape that Topps had been a leading figure in for decades. The value of the deal could not be learned.
    The acquisition accelerates Fanatics’ stranglehold on the business and restores a sense of continuity to an industry undergoing a seismic transformation. Fanatics Trading Cards is now poised to manufacture and distribute baseball trading cards immediately—years ahead of schedule, the people said.
    [/COLOR]

Last edited by RGM81; 01-03-2022 at 10:59 PM.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Wooooow

So this will mean Topps baseball will continue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Forbes has a piece today about a potential hiccup about the purchase and the potential for regulators to put the stop to the deal based on antitrust. I don’t know if it becomes a no go over this, but they may hit a pause, I tend to think it will go through.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marcede...h=7a201c9310b0

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wooooow

Yes and no. It will be under the Fanatics imprint, and also allows Fanatics to start on baseball ASAP instead of waiting until 2026 or 2027, whichever year it was they were scheduled to take over the baseball licensing.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes and no. It will be under the Fanatics imprint, and also allows Fanatics to start on baseball ASAP instead of waiting until 2026 or 2027, whichever year it was they were scheduled to take over the baseball licensing.

Richard,
    I was under the impression Topps had the baseball license until then and it would be open for renewal not just given to Fanatics. As for football or one of the other sport Fanatics has already has the license to start at a certain date.

Big news indeed thanks for sharing. Should be interesting to see who Fanatic brings over to help launch their new division.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

If I'm not mistaken, it would be similar to how we still have O-Pee-Chee hockey, but it's just a product in the Upper Deck family now.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Richard,
    I was under the impression Topps had the baseball license until then and it would be open for renewal not just given to Fanatics. As for football or one of the other sport Fanatics has already has the license to start at a certain date.

Big news indeed thanks for sharing. Should be interesting to see who Fanatic brings over to help launch their new division.

DON

Fanatics had the license locked up for 2026 (I think that's the correct year). No need to wait now, the current license is theirs now as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wooooow

Right but will it be Topps baseball or just Topps in name only like how Fleer has operated ever since Upper Deck bought them. While I like them keeping some aspects of the popular brands and inserts from Fleer and Skybox it just isn't the same thing. I fear Fanatics overpaying for the licensing and now buying Topps will either mean the prices of the stuff will be astronomical or the quality will go to garbage and the printers will run nonstop for them to recoup their investment.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions New York Yankees Washington Capitals
    Twitter: @@VamosCards See jmc_70's Items on eBay Instagram: Upper Deck ePack

I think is ultimately what was going to happen once Fanatics was announced to have the license in 26.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

How long until Fanatics eats UD? What about the hockey license?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast