Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Went to tonights game with Somerset against Reading but could only last 5 innings as I had to get home to take my son to work plus my breathing issues have returned and I could not wait to get home and get on the nebulizer to break up the phlegm.
    Somerset had two call ups as Ken Waldichuk and Derek Dietrich both were promoted to SWB
    With that we received from Hudson Valley Carson Coleman and Jose Mujica who have already learned about the back door in right field plus Carlos Espinal was returned to us.
    Its tought when the pitchers use it as it keeps them about 20-30 feet from us.

Tonight was only able to get Randy Vasquez on the team sheet
    Called Josh Maciejewski as he passed and he either did not hear or ignored.
    I am back to needing 5 pitchers now and if my breathing holds out will try for tomorrows 11 AM game and maybe post game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I was able to make todays day game and pretty glad I did as I was able to knock off 3 of the 5 pitchers I required in the first 15 minutes I was there before the main gate opened for general admission. After that with all the schools arriving I new it would be hard for the final 2 plus the attendance was over 7,000.
    Any way here is who I was able to get on my team sheet

Carson Coleman
    Josh Maciejewski
    Emmanuel Ramirez

I did stay the whole game with the intent of trying to knock off the final 2 if I could but when the game was over I needed Carlos Espinal who got the save and when he passed me I called him he stopped looked at me and kept walking. With that I decided not to stay and possibly be brushed off twice. Plus when I got outside the gate there were still a ton of busses loading right were the players come out so that was another good reason not to stay.

So now that leaves me Carlos Espinal and new Patriot Jose Mujica for my list.
    Because of the Patriots being away for 3 weeks and I am unable to make the June 7th series it will be 5 weeks before my return against Hartford.
    Hopefully by then with my Drs visit tomorrow we can re control my breathing.
    I also see from CNN that there could be a possibility of $6.00 a gallon for gas starting in August. UGH I hope not.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Forgot to post this 5 weeks ago for a reason for not having no IP posts since May 18th
    Also forgot my wife and sons show

Well I never made it to the Drs. office on Thursday as about 6 hours after my post I my wife rushed me to the hospital where my asthma went full blown. Their first concern was when I got there my BP was 222/112 and was rushed into the ER. After days of steroid therapy I was good enough to come home which I did a few hours ago. Now I have to take prednisone for 12 days and be re evaluated and hopefully go on the shot regiment.
    I have to admit I was kind of nervous in the ER with about 5 people running around you doing things but so far it has worked out.
    Last edited by adiddle; 06-22-2022 at 04:46 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

This was from May 28th

My wife and son had front row tickets last night at the PNC Bank Arts Center in New Jersey for a Tim McGraw concert and special guests Russell Dickerson, Alexandra Kay and Brandon Davis.
    They VIP tickets so they got to meet everyone and had pictures taken. They both also got autographs of Tim. So between the meeting, talking and food and let not forget the show they both had a great time. I am so glad that my hospital stay was last weekend and did not mess up their fun last night.
    Now since I am still home bound until I see the Drs on Thursday they are going to continue their weekend and see Top Gun Maverick tomorrow. I am a little bummed but they have my blessing. I do not want my issues to spoil their weekend. I will just have to buy it in 4K when it comes out and have my own showing on the big TV.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Somerset vs Hartford
    This was my first game in 5 weeks since my asthma attack.
    Felt good getting out of the house for the first time other than my back yard.
    I still only need 4 signatures on my team sheet
    Jose Mujica
    Carlos Espinal
    New promotes since my last game
    Will Warren
    Tanner Myatt

Positioned myself by the end of the dug out and the bull pen in site so I can see both .
    I knew Mujica would not be there as he is playing the SWB train rides.
    I never saw Espinal or Myatt.
    Warren came by me heading to the dug out which by this time I was real close to. He gave me the one second finger gesture so I waited. You guessed it I am still waiting.
    I only stayed 5 innings as I did not want to push myself.
    With the weather being questionable the next 2 days not sure of my return during the series.
    Right now I will not do weekends as I have heard some horror stories about the crowds and with school being out it will be really crowded.
    If I do not make it my next game would be in 2 weeks against Bowie.
    I am already planning at least 2 games maybe more. My body will let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Glad you were able to get out the house. Jealous about Tim, that sounds awesome! And can't go wrong with 4K HA!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thanks for the reply
    I think we are the only ones from Chris's site( which I miss) still here. Good to see your posts also.
    My wife and son seem to go to concerts quite a bit and I am glad my illness did not disrupt this one for them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

I think we are too, miss it as well. Glad they were able to enjoy it!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Did last nights game of Bowie vs Somerset
    This was my first full night game and I did both pre and post and reason was mostly because it was Bowie and trying to get all I can.
    Connected with my friend pete27 and it was great to see him again it has been quite a few weeks.
    Plus he helped me with eyeing a few players post.
    Funny thing is I was wondering why everything seem a little dark to me at post game and driving home it was because stupid me I still had my sun glasses on. DAAA

Any way here are my results both pre and post.

Bowie team sheet

Tyler Burch
    Christopher Cepedes Very nice
    Colton Cowser
    Noah Denoyer
    Jensen Elliott
    Maverick Handley starting catcher
    Hudson Haskins also very nice and personable
    Conner Loeprich
    Coby Mayo
    Clayton McGinness
    Shelton Perkins
    Cesar Prieto
    Drew Rom starting pitcher got post game
    Antonio Velez

I do have another auto on the sheet that I do not know who it is. They signed with the number 1 who is Connor Norby and I did not notice it until Pete saw it and said it was not Conner's graph. Saw Conner post game but he was talking to people and left with them so I did not bother. Will try again. Now I have a mystery graph to decipher.

The following on cards

Maverick Handley 1/1 2019 Aberdeen
    Shelton Perkins 1/1 2019 Abedeen
    Cristopher Cepedes 1/1 Orioles autograph card
    Coby Mayo 0/1 asked to sign a autograph card and he said he was not allowed to sign blanks. No problem

The following players refused to sign pre and post for me or any one else
    Andrew Daschbach
    JD Mundy
    Joey Ortiz
    Cody Roberts
    Zach Watson this guy is totally miserable. Will not waste my time on him

Somerset post game as I was walking to my car I saw Pete and asked me it I needed Mike Pita and I did

Somerset team sheet
    Mike Pita

That still leaves me with Carlos Espinal, Tanner Myatt, Will Warren and Austin Wells to add to my team sheet.
    Will have to wait as for now this series is about Bowie for me.

My next game is suppose to be tonight but I am going to wait until later as I was having some difficult breathing by the time I left and did not sleep well as my chest was tight.
    Taking the meds and will see later. If not will look at Sundays game. Health before autos at this point.

Thanks for reading

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Well I felt well enough at the time to try for last nights game.
    My first position was the dug out stairs since I was the first one there and then moved when the ushers had groups coming down the stairs constantly. I then moved over to last nights spot on the other side of the dug out and glad I did as you will see.
    Bowie team sheet
    Kyle Moore
    Josh Conway
    Tim DeJohn had a great talk on fielding tips with him
    Billy Facteau
    Branden Becker the hitting coach did not see
    Justin Armbruester
    Andrew Daschbach
    Connor Norby
    JD Mundy only player to refuse signing today and only position player I am missing
    Cody Roberts could not sign the team sheet
    Joey Ortiz he is the mystery signer I could not recognize from Wednesday. He must have signed when my sheet was being passed around and I did not see him sign I just saw the #1 and Pete said that was not Norby. Ortiz's number is 6 so it was a closed loop on the original and now I got him twice so he can be removed from my not sign list from the night before.
    Garrett Stallings
    Zach Watson could not sign the team sheet.

Have to admit in all the years of doing the team sheet in the Atlantic and now AA that is the first time some one could not sign the team sheet. I know contracts but I figured with all the other signatures that would not be an issue.

Bowie cards

Andrew Daschbach 1/1 2019 Aberdeen
    Joey Ortiz 1/1 2019 Aberdeen
    Cody Roberts 1/1 2021 Tides
    Zach Watson 1/1 2019 Aberdeen

Got both Daschbach and Watson on the other side of dug out.
    Andrew was talking to people and politely signed and Zach's girl friend sat next to me so when I asked he also politely signed.
    Glad I moved but while getting them missed pitchers Jake Prizina and Adam Stauffer which I will gladly take the trade off. Other pitchers were wearing covers so could not confirm.

Bonus signature
    The Patriots head of club house operations was helping to stock the Bowie side and got him on the team set card

Milton Miles 1/1 dougvereecke

Since I had a pretty good 2 days and I only need 6 pitchers and one position player on the team sheet I do not think I am going to return on Sunday. When I got home I took my O2 sat levels and they were starting to run low. With that I do not think I will take the chance. I will rest up and take all the meds including extra nebulizer breathers to control everything.
    Next series July 22 with reading so back to Somerset autos.
    Thanks for reading
    Sorry for the long post.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast