Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

From Friday night

Looked at the three games for this series and tonight's game was the lesser of the three evils with the weather. Plus met up with pete27 which is always a good night.
    Only stayed into the 5th innings I was starting to get tired from the heat plus I had to get home to take my son to work.
    This being the first game since the start of the second half it was not a good night.
    It was 98 degrees and pitchers wore covers. Plus most of them came out the back door.
    It seemed more and more position players were quoting those famous words "After the game".
    They need to remove those words from the vocabulary and insert I will most happily sign your cards.
    Anyway here is what I came across for the night
    The following are required for my team sheet

Carlos Espinal I have been dogging Carlos for 3 months as he is the last player from opening day I need and he ups and gets promoted to SWB

William Warren Starting pitcher did not signed
    Austin Wells Starting catcher did not sign

Kaleb Cowart new promote from Tampa announced today most likely not here yet

New promotes from a few days ago

Everson Pereira those words " after the game"
    Christian Perez did not even look my way

The following did sign
    Jake Hirst
    Tanner Myatt

On team set card
    Matt Seletsky 1/1 Club house manager doug v

Next game August 3rd against Binghamton which is a day game
    Hope to attack my list and hope it is quite a bit cooler.

Last edited by adiddle; 07-23-2022 at 08:13 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just curious, will be taking my daughter to her first minor league game tomorrow. What strategy do you use for minor leaguers? I have a few balls and bought a team set of cards for the visiting team. Blue sharpe, OML ball and stand by the dug out? Or do most minor league teams have the netting down to the foul pole? Batting practice and end of games?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Just curious, will be taking my daughter to her first minor league game tomorrow. What strategy do you use for minor leaguers? I have a few balls and bought a team set of cards for the visiting team. Blue sharpe, OML ball and stand by the dug out? Or do most minor league teams have the netting down to the foul pole? Batting practice and end of games?

I apologize as I just saw this post.
    Let me know how you made out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

With the postponement of Thursdays game in the second inning Friday was now a completion of that and the normal game. I decided to go and have 2 chances on getting autos.
    Got into the ball park 15 minutes before general admission and claimed my spot by the Patriots dug out. Within 10 minutes of the gates opening I was inundated with small hands with baseballs and gloves. After about 5 minutes of pushing and shoving I left my spot to take up position in my number 2 spot by the bull pen since I needed 6 pitchers I figured a good move as I was by myself. As soon as I got my first pitcher next thing I was surrounded by more arms of balls and gloves. I knew I was doomed because what player would come by me now.
    My results from game one on my Patriots team sheet

Austin Wells 0/1 starting catcher but said he would get me after the game. After the game I waited by the dug out for him which was crowded and I looked up and he was half way down right field going in the back door. Shame on me.

Blas Castano 0/1 not sure if he ignored or did not hear me
    Aaron McGarity 1/1 only one signed before the onslaught.
    Wanted to get Kaleb Cowart but did not notice he switched numbers.

On team set cards
    Ryan Williams 0/1 Strength coach actually refused me 3 times. This is second game in a row. Do not understand it
    Chris Nyden 1/1 Video Manager (pete27)

Again tried after game 1 but no Patriot signed except Mickey Gasper he must have drawn the short straw

Set up for game 2 by the bull pen but it was worthless as to many kids and the players did not really come out until 5-10 minutes before the game. I have to admit what made things worse it was Yogi Berra bobble head night and his family was there. They had a presentation between games. His sons were there and people were looking for them to sign the bobblehead.
    Repeating one of Yogi's quotes " It ain't over till its over" well my graphing was over 30 minutes before the start of the first game.
    Only stayed a few innings on game 2. Even though I was drinking water when I got home I was still 3 lbs lighter.
    Next game Wednesday the 10th. Lets hope for better results.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Went to todays day game against Hartford. I thought it was suppose to be cooler but it was 90 degrees with a small breeze and after 5 innings my chest was getting a little heavy. I most likely could have made the end of the game but how many autos would I have received maybe 1 and I felt it was not worth it to stay. With the recent moves I have 6 players still to get and 3 have been very hard.
    The campers behaved very well but it was the players today who would not sign.
    Here is what I got today

Team Sheet

Clayton Beeter signed very nice player
    Austin Wells the usual phrase after the game
    Will Warren starting pitcher did not sign

Still need the following
    Kaleb Cowart he back doors
    Matt Sauer did not see new pitcher
    Deivi Garcia did not see at all
    Everson Pereira Have not seen in a few games. Someone mentioned they heard he was on COVID shut down.

Team Set Cards

Matt Seletsky 1/1 Club House Manager pete27
    Ryan Williams 0/1 Conditioning Coach I thought the third time would be a charm. NOT.. I tried calling him Coach Williams today and blew right by me. That is the 3rd game and nothing for a conditioning coach

Not sure of next game. I normally do not go on weekends but if it is nice weather I may attempt it as my wife is telling me to go. Should not turn her down

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Always have to take advantage when the wife says go!
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Did todays game against Hartford

Pregame

Team Sheet
    Everson Pereira

Stayed post game for only the third time. Stayed for 45 minutes and glad I did.

Team Sheet
    Will Warren
    Austin Wells said he could not sign the sheet. That is the first Patriot player to say so

Team Set Card
    Ryan Williams 1/1 pete27 finally after four tries

My Bowman Card
    Anthony Volpe. 1/1 kind of a rushed signature but it is not AV

Next game I believe the 23rd against New Hampshire

At least with staying I am now down to 3 players all pitchers so I do not have to stand by the crowded dug out any more.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Always have to take advantage when the wife says go!

Glad I did listen to her because today I got more than only one graph a game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Glad I did listen to her because today I got more than only one graph a game.

wife always knows best lol. Good get with Volpe!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Wound up attending last nights game.
    I knew that DougV and dabigticket from sports graphing.com were going to be there but we just seemed to miss each other.
    I stayed the entire game as the weather was great, it was a good game and I had a great seat. After I exchanged my ticket in before the game I was told they were booked (fire works night) and only had a seat in the upper deck. Well before the game started I was talking to a usher friend and he said one of the regulars was not there tonight so I took his seat. It was the first row, first seat right next to the dug out by the gate. I payed my dues by helping with the netting and gate when people had to go on the field. Plus prime spot for post game.
    Was talking to Sparky Lyle as the game started asked if he was going to be there Sunday and he said no. Mentioned I have items for him but will wait and he said no let me sign for you now so I broke out my items for him.

Pre game

Team sheet
    Nelvin Correa
    Sparky Lyle
    Matt Sauer walked past me. Maybe did not hear.
    Deivi Garcia walked past with Nelvin who stopped looked when I called and kept walking.

Cards
    Sparky Lyle 2/2

Matt Sauer great having that first spot as I was able to get him.

So now down to Deivi Garcia and Keleb Cowart. To be honest he back doors the field and I would not know him post game as I have not clearly seen his face yet.
    I have 2 more games this season besides playoffs.

Will be attending todays (Sundays) game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast