Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Very nice haul
    I am jealous

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

21-Aug-2022

Went to the Chicago Dogs vs. Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks American Association game on Sunday in Rosemont, IL. Sunday is Family Day at the Dogs game, and kids can come onto the field and play catch, and the players come out and sign autographs in the outfield. Prior to the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by former Chicago Cubs reliever Brian Schlitter, 4 cards signed by former Boston Red Sox and Angels player, as well as long time manager Butch Hobson, 2 cards signed from former Toronto Blue Jays prospect Michael Crouse, 2 cards signed by former Arizona Diamondbacks prospect Anfernee Grier, and 3 cards signed by former Cardinals prospect and Chicago White Sox outfielder Charlie Tilson. I had cards for Stevie Wilkerson, but he was not there, as his wife just had a baby. After that, I went to the stands by the RedHawks side, and was able to get 1 card signed by former Nationals prospect Drew Ward, 2 cards signed from former Toronto Blue Jays prospect John Silviano, and finally 7 cards signed and 1 postcard signed by former Philadelphia Phillies catcher Chris Coste, who is the manager of the RedHawks. I also had cards for Rymer Liriano, but he was just placed on the disabled list, and wasn't in uniform. I believe he came out of the locker room after the National Anthem and after the Dogs took the field, but it was too late to try to get him to sign, if it was in fact him.

Photo of the Chicago Dogs autos:

Photo of the Fargo-Moorhead autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 255

-arfmax
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-Aug-2022

On Saturday, I went to the 2nd occurrence of a new card show, which had two free autograph guests, and 1 paid autograph guest, along with free admission and free parking in Rosemont, IL. I was able to get 3 cards signed for free of former Chicago Bears/Raiders speedster Willie Gault, and 3 cards signed for free from former Chicago White Sox infielder, and member of the 2005 World Series Champions, Joe Crede.

Photo of the Gault and Crede autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 261

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

29-Aug-2022

Yesterday evening, I went to an appearance at an auto dealership in Frankfort, IL, by Chicago White Sox pitcher Michael Kopech. The turnout was pretty large, but he was very friendly, chatting and taking photos. He only signed one card for me, even though I had two cards on a piece of cardboard, but I think I am just used to getting multiples recently.

Photo of the Kopech auto:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 262

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

24-Sep-2022

This past Saturday, I went to the 3rd occurrence of a new card show, which had one free autograph guest (Ozzie Guillen), 1 paid autograph guest (Dale Tallon), and 1 autograph guest who was $20, but you got a show credit of the same amount, along with free admission and free parking in Rosemont, IL. I was able to get 1 card signed from former Chicago Bears running back Matt Suhey, for $20, and received show credit for $20.

Photo of the Suhey auto:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 263

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

13-Oct-2022

The other day, I snuck out of work a little early and drove to the Hooters in Downers Grove, IL, where a radio show hosted by former Chicago Bears wide receiver Tom Waddle had a live guest, Keyshawn Johnson. I have never gotten an autograph from Keyshawn, so I was excited. I got stuck in traffic, and was listening to the interview on the radio, and got into the Hooters about 4 minutes before the end of the show. I waited until after the show ended, and after Keyshawn chatted some more with the hosts, and then I asked him if he would sign some autographs. He looked at me and said, "what do you want me to sign for you to sell?" I think he was joking, and I said I am a collector, and I am not selling them. I had a piece of cardboard with 7 different cards on it, and he said, well, I'll only sign one, which one do you want signed, so I pointed to a USC one, and he signed it. I was the only person there asking, although I have no idea if he signed for others before the show, or during the commercial breaks or what. Anyway, I was happy to get one signed.

Photo of the Keyshawn auto:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 264

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Wow 1 out of seven
    He did have an attitude with the Jets so I wonder if it is an all the time attitude.
    He was good but he thought he was great.
    One is better than none.
    Nice job

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

26-Oct-2022

Recently the AHL season started up. I noticed that the Chicago Wolves were holding a charity event at a local restaurant, where a few players would be there, and all the money raised would go toward combatting breast cancer. So, I purchased a ticket to the event, and found a few cards for most of the guys that were going to be there. Each player was very pleasant, and signed whatever anyone brought them. I was able to get two cards signed by former St. Louis Blues winger Mackenzie MacEachern, 2 2022 team set cards signed by Carolina Hurricanes center prospect Jack Drury, 4 cards signed by Caroline Hurricanes center prospect Stelio Mattheos, 2 cards signed by Carolina Hurricanes center prospect Jamieson Rees, and 1 card signed by former left winger Brendan Perlini. Hope they do more of these this season!

Photo of the Chicago Wolves autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 275

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

05-Nov-2022 (Part I of II)

Saturday morning, I went to an every at a food store in Melrose Park, IL, featuring former Mexican soccer star Oribe Peralta. I had ordered a few cards for him, as I have virtually no soccer stuff, and I was able to get three cards signed, for free, at the appearance.

Photo of the Peralta autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 278

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

05-Nov-2022 (Part II of II)

Yesterday evening, I went to the G League Windy City Bulls opening home game against the Wisconsin Herd in Hoffman Estates. After the game, I was able to get two cards signed by Wisconsin Herd guard, and former Detroit Pistons rookie Jordan Bone. After the game, the whole Windy City Bulls team came out on the court to sign autographs, and I was able to grab 1 card autographed by Henri Drell, 1 card autographed by Ethan Thompson, and 2 cards signed by former Dallas Mavs rookie Kostas Antetokounmpo, who is one of the brothers of Giannis. The Wisconsin Herd have Alex Antetokounmpo on their team, so it was Antetokounmpo vs. Antetokounmpo.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2022: 284

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast