Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2022

2022 started slowly, I was going to go to a Windy City Bulls game last weekend but it got postponed as the opponent didn't have enough players, and then I had tickets to a Chicago Wolves game over the weekend, which was originally advertised as Player Autographs on the promo schedule, but the autograph part disappeared from the schedule, and with the rise of cases around this area, I pushed my tickets to another date. However, the Beloit Sky Carp advertised that they were having a Fan Fest on 15-Jan-2022 with players. This team is the Miami Marlins high A team, and was previously the Beloit Snappers, but now have a new stadium and new name. Throughout the week, they were supposed to share the guests, but it ended up being two potential players, who was Marlins prospects, outfielder Victor Mesa Jr., and shortstop Nasim Nunez, as well as the new manager Jorge Hernandez. I went with a few hastily assembled cards, and after the event started and the players arrived and say at their table, we were told that the Marlins had told them no autographs, just the promo 4x6 that they had all already signed with all three guests on it. That didn't go over well, and there would be no reason for the players to sit at a table for an hour and not do anything. The manager signed for a few people, and then finally he said that he was fine with the players signing, and apparently that was good enough. So, I was able to get 4 cards signed by Victor Mesa Jr., and 1 card signed by Nasim Nunez, plus I got two of the signed promo 4x6 cards signed by all three.

Photo of the autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 11

-arfmax
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-Feb-2022

Went to the Windy City Bulls against the Long Island Nets G-League game last night. On the Nets side, prior to the game, I was able to get 1 autograph from Thon Maker, and then after the game, I got another 1 autograph from Thon. After the game, I also got 1 autograph from RaiQuan Gray. Before the game, I also went over the Bulls side, and got 2 autographs from Devon Dotson, and 3 autographs from Perry Jones III, who is the in the concussion protocol, but still comes out and sits on the bench with his teammates.
    Photo of the Nets autos:

Photo of the Bulls autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 19

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

20-Mar-2022

Sunday, I went to the Windy City Bulls vs. Westchester Knicks game. It was a celebration of Alex Caruso, who currently plays on the Chicago Bulls, and is a G League success story. Since he is on the injured list, and the Bulls were off, I was hoping he would be there, so I brought 4 cards for him, but he did not show. Tickets were $6, which is his number. Anyway, before the game, I was able to get former Cal player and 2nd round NBA Draft pick Allen Crabbe, who signed 7 different cards for me, and was very friendly, talking about how he just wants to prove himself and get back to the NBA. I tried to get former Miami Hurricanes power forward and 2nd round draft pick Dewan Hernandez, he was the very last off of the practice after going through a huge routine, and when I called him over, he said he would sign after the game. During the game, he got into an altercation and got a technical, and when the game ended, his team lost after being up by 18 points, and he was mad, and walked right off the court and into the locker room, no autos. Finally, prior to the game, I got former NBA 2nd round pick and Philadelphia 76ers draft pick Derrick Alston, who is the head coach of the Knicks, to sign two cards. After the game, two Bulls players were signing autographs at a table, and I was finally able to get 4 cards signed by former Minnesota Golden Gophers center, and 2nd round draft pick, Daniel Oturu, who signed 4 cards for me. I have been trying to get him at each game I have been to, but to no avail, so I was happy to get him at the autograph table.

Photo of the autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 32

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

24-Apr-2022

This past Sunday, I went to one of the last Chicago Wolves home games of the season. The Wolves are currently the AHL affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes. I decided to go because it was Team Card Set night, which I can't resist, plus I brought a ton of my own cards to get signed. The Wolves have clinched a playoff spot, so prior to the game, they announced 7 scratches, which is a lot. The scratches at the Wolves games usually grab a seat in the upper level and watch at least a period or two of the game. I found two players in the upper level, and had each of them sign two of the team set cards, right winger David Gust, and defenseman Artyom Serikov. I was ready for the post game, where most of the players come out of one area toward the parking lots, and you can get a lot of players to stop and sign. There is usually a nice crowd, and the players are usually quick to stop. However, the entire hallway was blocked off after the game, so you could not go near the usual area, nor could you wait and yell down the hall if you recognized someone, as they wouldn't let you stand there. I was very disappointed, and am hoping this was something they are doing because of COVID, and not something that is a permanent measure, as that will take away a huge opportunity.

Photo of the Gust and Serikov autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 36

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

02-May-2022

Last Monday, I went to a book signing with former Chicago Bulls star Scottie Pippen, from 7-9, in Naperville, IL. The event was sold out, and the bookstore sold 700 tickets for a 2-hour signing. Also, there were more than 700 books sold, as I bought two books but had the same number (#347). The event was advertised as Pippen would sign the book, and pose for a photo with you. By the time it got to me in the middle of the line at 8:40 pm, they were no longer doing any posed photos, and Pippen would barely look up, as he had about 350 more people in line, and had to leave at 9. So, the books were signed, but it was very rushed, no posed photo, and of course no additional outside items were signed. Still, a Scottie Pippen autograph is a great auto.

Photo of the signed book:

Total IP autos in 2022: 38

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-May-2022

Minor League baseball season is kicking off, so I went to the Frontier League game between the Joliet Slammers and a new team in the Frontier League, the Ottawa titans on 15-May-2022 in Joliet, IL. Prior to the game, I was able to get 5 cards signed by Slammers manager and former MLB pitcher Daniel Schlereth. I tried to get Jose Taveras from the Ottawa Titans, who is a starting pitcher, but he never appeared, so I'm not sure if he travelled with the team, or if he had recently pitched and was staying back at the hotel.

Photo of the Schlereth autos (now I need his dad on the dual card)

Total IP autos in 2022: 43

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

21-May-2022

This past Saturday, I went to a bottle signing of former Raiders and Packers star cornerback Charles Woodson. Mr. Woodson is promoting his Intercept wine, and unfortunately, would only sign the bottle, no additional items. So, another autographed bottle to add to my weird collection!

Photo of the signed bottle:

Total IP autos in 2022: 44

-arfmax
    Last edited by arfmax; 05-26-2022 at 09:28 PM.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

25-May-2022

Yesterday, I went to a food store in Harwood Heights which had an appearance by 3-time NBA Champion, former Chicago Bulls center and current Chicago Bulls TV announcer Stacey King. Mr. King signed 6 cards for me, and we chatted about the playoffs, the state of the Bulls, and who he thinks will win it all this year (Golden State, BTW), for free.

Photo of the Stacey King autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 50

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

27-May-2022

Today, I went at lunchtime to a grocery store in Western Springs, IL, to meet former Chicago Bulls center and 4-time NBA Champion Will Perdue. Mr. Perdue signed three cards for me, and chatted about the playoffs (he picks Golden State to win it all), for free.

Photo of the Perdue autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 53

-arfmax

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

28-May-2022

In my spare time, I volunteer at a foster-based dog rescue, and I responded that I would go to an event today at the Schaumburg Boomers stadium in Schaumburg, IL, for the Bark in the Park event. There is nobody I really need autos of on the Boomers, but I took a moment last night to check the roster of the Tri-City ValleyCats, and noticed that they have a new manager, former big league slugger Pete Incaviglia. I grabbed a few cards quickly, and before the game, I was able to get Mr. Incaviglia to sign 6 cards for me.

Photo of the Incaviglia autos:

Total IP autos in 2022: 59

-arfmax

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast