Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See football-4ever's Items on eBay

Seeking opinions from experienced traders with knowledge of grading

RESCANNED AFTER REMOVING FROM SCREW DOWNS

Good afternoon fellow traders:
    Although I have been collecting since the 1970's , I must admit that I have no experience with the process or advantages of card grading. Recently found these in an box I had stored long ago and wondered if it would worth my while to have these graded. Which grading company is most recommended, and exactly what is the process involved for this procedure. Has anyone had the misfortune of lost cards in the grading endeavors? I wouldn't feel comfortable selling or trading these at this time , since I probably feel that they are in decent enough condition and traders would view them as tremendously flawed. That is why I believe having them graded would take the guess work out of the equation, and provide an accurate starting point to possible transaction .
    Appreciate any opinions and suggestions from collectors with experience in this field .....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sports4-ever; 01-18-2022 at 11:18 AM. Reason: re-scanned
    WE COLLECT : CONNOR MCDAVID --- NATHAN MACKINNON -- ERIK KARLSSON -- CAREY PRICE --- BRADY TKACHUK -- AUSTIN MATTHEWS -- THOMAS CHABOT --JACK EICHEL

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really hard to comment. The images are pretty fuzzy and hard to see any kind of detail. Usually happens when trying to scan through thick screw downs.

Better off to rescan the card not in a holder, or at least in a sleeve. But from what I can see, these are not high grade cards. Centering is the main issue, the Bourque corners look rough, one of the Coffeys looks rough - maybe creased?

As far as grading, I don't do much, but based on some recent comments about grading - not sure you would get your money back on these cards as they may grade lower, again can't see much fine detail from the fuzzy images but they could be in the 3 to 5 range. PSA is likely your best bet as if you go with a less known grader, a lower graded card from a less known grading company probably wouldn't fetch you much more than the ungraded version.

But if you can rescan a better copy of the cards, it may turn out the cards are totally gradable.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I find Flickr to be really good, and bad for finding flaws on your cards.
    Good because you can magnify your cards and see flaws you don't see with the naked eye.
    Bad because a lot of cards you think look perfect are really bad when magnified! However, at least you will know which cards are worth the expense and time to get graded.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.