Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question on 2 Ovechkin Card Prices

Evening,

I know I’m “new” to this forum but I have a quick question. I hate that this is my first post but I wanted to know if anyone can help
    me with a general price of these two cards. Both are in my PC and staying there for my kids when they grow up but I can’t seem to even get an idea on price.

Ovechkin 05 Black Diamond Ruby Rookie /100

and

Ovechkin 04 ITG Auto A-AO5 1/1

I can upload photos if need be. But any and all help is appreciated

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Wow congrats!

There are no sale listings on eBay so hard to say.

A regular non graded nrmt/mt looking Black Diamond rc would be around 1k and rising. BGS 9.5 are 3x that.
    A ruby could be 5-10x that I would guess.
    If it graded a PSA 10....your kids will be very happy.
    Last edited by mooneyes; 01-17-2022 at 11:58 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Ruby RC from BD - I would think you'd be able to sell for thousands right now. Might be looking at a 5-figure card (though I don't know the OV market well enough to say that). You have a very valuable card with it.

The Autograph:

I would need to see a picture to be of any help. I'm assuming by ITG you mean Heroes & Prospects.... but I only see four Ovechkins on the checklist, not 5:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/scf/inv/viewset/55462

(i.e. there is no AO5) - so I don't really know what you have.

Is the 1/1 a "true" 1/1 card? (it's a unique, one of a kind card... or at least an "only copy" gold parallel of something else?) or is it a show stamp, or Vault, or something like that? (i.e. it has "Spring Expo 1/1" stamped on it.... or "Vault 1/1") ? If it's a pack-pulled 1/1 it might be quite valuable... if it's a stamped 1/1: It's still an Ovechkin autograph, but probably not any more valuable than most other regular OV autos from the same era.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you both for the replies. Yes it was a 1/1 from the Expo that year and it is #5 in that set of autographs but I truly believe it might be a 1/1 as I have not seen another and like you said it isn’t listed as part of the original 4 set.

the black diamond is a ruby /100 so I’ll be sure to stash that one away for down the road.

I’ll try to upload photos some time this week. Appreciate the quick responses from both of you

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you both for the replies. Yes it was a 1/1 from the Expo that year and it is #5 in that set of autographs but I truly believe it might be a 1/1 as I have not seen another and like you said it isn’t listed as part of the original 4 set.

the black diamond is a ruby /100 so I’ll be sure to stash that one away for down the road.

I’ll try to upload photos some time this week. Appreciate the quick responses from both of you

Yeah, so I would say that the Expo 1/1 doesn't add any value to it.... but there's no AO5 on the checklist, so what you have might be really unique (which would give it some value).

Recent sales of Ovechkin H&P autos from 2004-05 are in the $400-$500 range, so I would expect it's worth at least that much.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The Ovechkin card market right now is as hot as it has ever been. It's amazing to see. The pursuit of Gretzky's goals record has really lit a fire under the value of his cards. Historically he's been undervalued but safe to say those days are over.

The Black Diamond Ruby cards are, IMO, spectacular to look at. While there's other years (07-08) where the red foil is more pronounced and visually appealing, the Ovy /100 is a monster. No other way to describe it. The only real comparable to him is, naturally, Crosby, and there's not a lot of market data out there. There's two active listings for Sid's Ruby...but two very different statuses of those cards. There's a PSA 7.5 listed for $5K....and a Black Label BGS 10 for $150K. Depending on the condition of the Ovy, you're somewhere in that range. If you get the card graded and it pops a high grade, you're looking at a five-figure asking price.

So I hope yours is in mint condition. Definitely please post some pics of those two cards!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got 2 quick photos of the black diamond. The auto is in another bin so I’ll find that another day. Also came across this one I forgot I had. My apologies if the photo comes out too large first time trying this.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

That Ovechkin is worth thousands right now. I don't know many though. I'm not the right guy to ask - but I would be willing to bet at least $5k, and it might push closer to double that. I dunno.

The Backstrom is a good card, but not in the same league. You can find copies on eBay in the $100 - $200 range.