Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

I should have read the rules closer. Disappointed the box is not available for the contest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Lakers Toronto Raptors Toronto Blue Jays
    See rjabreu88's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Congrats to our winners:
    1st: @cardbuyer66 who had Kansas winning (1000 reward points)
    2nd: @bigbenjobu (600 reward points)
    3rd: @BYUFAN (400 reward points) @doniceage will send points out to winners

thanks everyone for joining and I hope to continue to grow this next year.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

Thanks for running this contest @rjabreu88 and congratulations to @cardbuyer66 for the win!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I should have read the rules closer. Disappointed the box is not available for the contest.

I would be disappointed but if you look out how many members are on the site you would think we could get 30 people to join a contest so a box could be provided. If I was a member getting in a contest I think I would holler at a few friends that I know collect cards and ask them to jump on and join the contest. It would be a waste imo to provide a box for a contest that only get like 1 participant.
    @cardbuyer66

Don

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

how does something like this only get 15 entries? ( 14 cause I dont think Scott filled out his bracket) @rjabreu88 thank you for running this I certainly enjoyed filling out my bracket....but going forward how can we make more people aware of this? site wide pm maybe ?

It pretty simple why it gets no exposure.
    1) No pm like you mentioned (But a pm to all causes the site to crash as there a 125,000 people in the database).
    2) Did any of you send a note to a friend or person you know on scf or possibly a new potential member about a easy contest with a box if we got 30 entries?
    3) We could use a homepage so things would be more visible as a new post on SCF can easily get buried after its initial post.
    4) What I did in the past was build up a pm list for all my reward point groupbreaks. Something could be similar done for those who like to enter SCF contest. A mass pm list for contest for those that like to take the time to enter. Just food for thought.

@Iheartjacquie. If you have any ideas I am more than willing to listen to them. This contest was run by a non staffer to which I was glad to provide a prize if he could reach 30 entries. So thanks to @rjabreu88 for running the contest on his own time.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I believe I sent all the reward points. LMK if the 3 of you got them.

Thanks,

DON

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

@doniceage exposure on the sites facebook page may have helped ? im not criticizing just think it could used more exposure
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New York Giants
    See sportsseller24's Items on eBay

I would be disappointed but if you look out how many members are on the site you would think we could get 30 people to join a contest so a box could be provided. If I was a member getting in a contest I think I would holler at a few friends that I know collect cards and ask them to jump on and join the contest. It would be a waste imo to provide a box for a contest that only get like 1 participant.
    @cardbuyer66

Don

I agree, if there was one participant....that feels like a backhanded example to use. This year's contest had 15 entries , no need to diminish the members that played (most of us having been members for years and always enjoyed the contests)

30 would be a box of unopened cards for the collector, and 15 is reward points which are also handed out to members based on posts on the website? I would feel differently if it had been a lesser prize but still something tangible to win, related to our shared hobby. I am returning the 1000 points, and adding my other 271, 272 after this post.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree, if there was one participant....that feels like a backhanded example to use. This year's contest had 15 entries , no need to diminish the members that played (most of us having been members for years and always enjoyed the contests)

30 would be a box of unopened cards for the collector, and 15 is reward points which are also handed out to members based on posts on the website? I would feel differently if it had been a lesser prize but still something tangible to win, related to our shared hobby. I am returning the 1000 points, and adding my other 271, 272 after this post.

Matt,
    So a member contacts me and asked about being able to run a March Madness contest and I said sure. Heck, if he had not reached out there would not have been any such contest as there is no basketball staff to oversee any basketball contest. So kudo's to that members for stepping up when there is nothing in it for them but the love of sports. I could have easily said run the contest and I will not provide anything. Next, year I will make sure I do not provide box as it can cause disappointment. I just think if I am going to put up a box of my own pocket and inventory I want to see a small amount of participation. Thanks for the input I know how to proceed next year.

I sent your reward points back as I have no use for them. If you really wish to give them away give them away so someone can get in a reward point break down the road. Also, think how about how many times you have to post to get a 1000 reward points on the site.

p.s. If you want something tangible you can always donate a prize like the football member did for a football contest and I added upon his donation for two boxes in that contest NFL WEEKLY PICK'EM!.

I will make the same offer to you or any member when they want to reach into their personal stash to make the site better for this contest next year.

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 04-07-2022 at 04:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage exposure on the sites facebook page may have helped ? im not criticizing just think it could used more exposure

Jim,
    Here you go Jim way ahead of you and still no interest. That was even after it was shared. So, the best thing would be a mass pm but that shuts the site down LOL.

We had 20 people enter last year.

DON
    @Iheartjacquie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast