Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

Anybody want to open this pack?

Take a look at this ebay auction. 1968 Topps Rack Pack. All series possible. I know its not the oldest known rack but I don't count the refurbished Christmas racks that you see on ebay all the time. Those cards are in crap condition. This could yield some reall nice conditioned cards. Probably best left sealed as the rarity of the pack is what is driving the price up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=44827

SCF Rewards

Wow, that is amazing! I didn't see this until now, but I don't think I could spend that kind of money on something like that...I would rather just buy a couple of Ryan rookies and be done with it. But, very interesting, and tempting!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice, 29&cent pack; thanks for posting!
    Vintage is on the comeback trail...hopefully it will make it full circle, to when just owning a card, regardless of condition is what counted.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by meuandthelot
    Nice, 29&cent pack; thanks for posting!
    Vintage is on the comeback trail...hopefully it will make it full circle, to when just owning a card, regardless of condition is what counted.

Vintage has been back for many many years now. Prices for graded material has finally begun to stabalize and come down in certain circumstances. Other prices continue to rise. The graded card market has saved the vintage market in my opinion. I just wonder whoever buys this pack, will they open for grading or keep it unopened as it is a very rare pack. Not many 1968 Racks on the market.

Unfortunately, I don't think that we will ever go back to the not caring about condition days. Not too many people think that way anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$2550 for a final bid that's kinda high I guess. That bidder better hope that he gets a Nolan Ryan RC.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most likely, he won't open it. He is known on another board as big time collector of unopened material.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by john1170
    Most likely, he won't open it. He is known on another board as big time collector of unopened material.

Okay. That even makes less sense to me. I can see opening it to grade the cards but I can't see spending that much money to keep it unopened.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It is just a rare item to have in unopned form. You are buying it for the pack and not the cards inside. Paying that much for the pack, you would have to first get some high dollar cards and then get the appropriate grades to even come close to making your money back. So it wasn't bought for a grading investment rather for something that would go into a collection. I am sure if that guy has that much to spend on an unopened pack he must have a lot of coin laying around. Wish I could do that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by john1170
    It is just a rare item to have in unopned form. You are buying it for the pack and not the cards inside. Paying that much for the pack, you would have to first get some high dollar cards and then get the appropriate grades to even come close to making your money back. So it wasn't bought for a grading investment rather for something that would go into a collection. I am sure if that guy has that much to spend on an unopened pack he must have a lot of coin laying around. Wish I could do that.

Well I don't have a problem with him not opening it. But I just found it a bit high to not open it. If he has that money and doesn't mind dropping spending it then that's fine. I just haven't seen unopened packs go for that high but I guess this is more of an exception because of the condition and the age of it.