Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Former NBA First Round Pick Royce White Announces He’s Running for Congress

https://www.outkick.com/former-first...-for-congress/

Rather than attack the basket, Royce White, a former NBA first-round pick, is now chasing a seat in Congress. White, 30, announced his intentions to seek the U.S. representative seat for Minnesota’s fifth congressional district. He’ll be running as a Republican with aspirations to reclaim a district that has been “voting blue for a long time.”

White, who was selected 16th overall by the Houston Rockets in 2012, never appeared in an NBA game because of mental health issues, largely caused by anxiety associated with air travel. He’s since become an advocate for mental health and a vocal supporter of conservative issues.

“This district has been voting blue for a long time, and I hope that I can shake that up,” White said Tuesday, via the Star Tribune. “I hope that I can make people see that for a long time, they voted against their own interests.”

White has long been shamed for his anxiety and largely conservative views, especially his stance on the government’s handling of the COVID-19 pandemic, which he calls “tyranny.”

“What big pharma, big tech and the corporate elites have done to us during this pandemic shows us, tyranny is here,” White said within his announcement video. “The line has been drawn and it’s pretty damn clear – we the people, no longer have a choice.”

In addition to calling out those who have profited from the pandemic, White took aim at current Minnesota fifth congressional district representative Ilhan Omar, a Democrat.

“My problem with Ilhan isn’t that she’s not an American,” said White. “Or that she’s not from Minnesota. She’s in on it, she’s a globalist. She’s a puppet for the establishment. I’m here to sound the alarm.”

White is one of three Republican candidates vying for the party’s endorsement in an attempt to unseat Omar, a two-term incumbent.

“Ten years ago, I took on the NBA and the establishment,” said White. “I said that mental health was one of the greatest issues we face. And I was willing to give up my dream to fight for people I have never met. I took the lead when others wouldn’t.

“My name is Royce White. I am a fifth-generation Minnesotan and a product of the Twin Cities. But first and foremost, I am an American.”

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I remember his issues. Wouldn't have guessed him for a conservative at all. But then again, so is Caitlin Jenner. People can be surprising.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember his issues. Wouldn't have guessed him for a conservative at all. But then again, so is Caitlin Jenner. People can be surprising.

The last 5-6 years has pushed people to the conservative side. Joe Rogan, Elon Musk, Eric Clapton, and Aaron Rodgers weren't and some still aren't your typical conservative supporters but the media and Democrats are basically making people pick sides now. Heck Joe Rogan is a Bernie Sanders supporter yet he keeps getting labeled as right wing for some reason.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

The last 5-6 years has pushed people to the conservative side. Joe Rogan, Elon Musk, Eric Clapton, and Aaron Rodgers weren't and some still aren't your typical conservative supporters but the media and Democrats are basically making people pick sides now. Heck Joe Rogan is a Bernie Sanders supporter yet he keeps getting labeled as right wing for some reason.

I've never liked Rogan, even in his UFC days well before his podcast fame, but he's definitely a Libertarian and not a social conservative. More than ever in my lifetime, it seems that social conservatives have been forced out of the political conversation. I remember growing up, people would try to encourage others to look at both sides. If you try to say that now, you'll be accused of false equivalency. This is the most polarized I remember politics ever being. Then again, I wasn't around in the 1960s. But the political situation in the United States is definitely not like the 1990s I grew up in, or even the 2000s with Bush. Back then, I could write stuff and people would still at least make an attempt to listen and reason. Can't do that much anymore at all.

But I digress; still surprised by Royce.