Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

PSA Grading Return? do you think these are accurate?

I recently submitted to PSA via regular service for several cards that I thought would grade well mostly 9 and maybe a shot at a 10 only to receive 7 and 8's back, while I understand the difficulty in getting near perfect grades i cant for the life of me see how these all get a 7 or 8, clearly the Ovechkin Ultra is deserving of an 8 honestly that maybe even a 7 in my opinion due to the corner wear I purposely put this card in there for that reason, but how are these other cards also 8's? when they are clearly in better condition? and looking through PSA pop report and APR reports I have seen Gem Mint 10 for the Ovechkin bee-hive and Ovechkin UD power paly that are not as nice as my card that got an 8? the Ovechkin rookie threads may a small smudge on the corner of the R by the jersey materiel but other than that that card look pretty flawless to me. Do you see something I'm missing here and do think it may be worth cracking and resubmitting, I'm just getting frustrated with PSA's inconstancy especially since this was was a regular submission and my last economy submission I submitted and Auston Matthews Young Guns that was a BGS 8.5 and that came back a Gem Mint 10 as well as a Maker Future Watch retro with was graded an 8 by MNT also came back Gem Mint 10. would you resubmit these cards? Thank-you

Attachment 196800Attachment 196801Attachment 196802Attachment 196803Attachment 196804Attachment 196805Attachment 196806Attachment 196808

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

Sorry, I’m not able to view any of the attachments and can’t comment on your cards specifically

PSA is a fickle thing. I feel your pain. I have not had a lot of luck with my submissions. Don’t know my exact numbers but personally submitted around 150 cards or so over the past year before they stopped accepting subs and have had less than 10 come back graded a 10. I’ll say this, many of the cards I submitted I didn’t expect the best grades but have been very disappointed and left scratching my head trying to figure out what I missed in many I have sent.

I mostly play with ‘80’s and 90’s cards of Mike Singletary so expectations arnt much. I often have to acquire well over 100 copies of a card before I find one worthy for submission and even then I still don’t get the 10’s.

My best luck has come from more modern cards but even then it’s a numbers game in that I have to get many many copies and go over each one with great attention to detail to pick out the best ones to take a chance on.

Recent head scratcher is, I sent in five of the same exact card (‘83 Singletary rookies) and each card I very much expected a 9 and thought there was a good chance for 10’s. Came back one 9, three 8’s and one as a 5. I have looked that 5 over trying to find something wrong with it and just don’t see it. It looks so much better than many 10’s I have seen. It’s irksome to see a card get a 10 when the centering is obviously off or it has a corner that’s just not perfect and you can’t find anything wrong and end up with a 5.

I know it’s “not supposed” to happen but I think the big submitters get preferential treatment with their grades and I may consider letting my membership expire and just pay extra and submit third part through the “big guys”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country

My advice would be to get a magnifying device to be able to see ANYTHING on the cards you are sending in to get graded by PSA. They are inferior to Beckett in the sense that at least BGS somewhat tells you what is wrong with the card by having the 4 subgrades. With PSA you are lost in the dark so if you get a low grade on a card that looks good to the naked eye it is probably an issue with something that can only be seen with magnification that you didn't catch just by eyeballing it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/