Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jakebrandon 2022 IP success

Hoping to share a few success stories this year as my autos have mainly been dependent on TTMs. I always enjoy looking at this post to see other people's successes.

Went to the card show in Stamford CT at the Marriott a couple of Sundays ago. Ruben Sierra and Todd Zeile were free signings with the price of admission. Both of them were very nice with fans and posed for selfies. I had both of them sign my 8x10 with other former Yankees players. Also paid an extra $10 to have Sierra sign a card for me.

Bobby Valentine was there as well for to sign for his book but I chose not to pay for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to watch the Westchester Knicks against the College Park Skyhawks last night. Brilliant me thought it was a 7:30 game when it was a 7PM game so I arrived after tipoff. When the players came out after half time, I called out to former Trailblazers/Nets current Knick Allen Crabbe who motioned me to come to the bench and signed my card and posed for a photo. He was friendly but I got spoken to by security for coming to the team bench afterwards. After the game I was able to get a card signed by former NBA player current Skyhawk Langston Galloway who enjoyed talking to people giving him a shout for being a former Knick. I did not know that the Hawks #1 Jalen Johnson was reassigned to the G-league and did not have anything for him to sign but he moved through the crowd pretty quickly. Still happy that players are interacting with the crowd and security for the most part was receptive with fans asking for autos.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Somerset Yankees

My wife surprised me with tickets to the Somerset Yankees game yesterday. Willie Randolph was there signing autographs so I was very excited for this game. It was very last minute but I was able to pull out a few cards to see how this worked as I had never been to the stadium. We arrived and realized tickets were only guaranteed for the first 300 people. However, they said he would continue signing as long as it was within the 2 hour slot. We came back around the 6th inning and were given non guaranteed tickets. Willie was signing quickly so my wife, son, and I were able to have a card signed which was awesome. I met Randolph once at a Yankees fan fest and he refused to sign for anyone but he was very friendly yesterday with the fans. I wish I had more cards ready and time to research the other team (Canton Rubber Ducks) because players from both teams seemed very happy to sign but it was a surprise bday gift. However, I did get one great bonus. My son and I were able to catch Yankees prospect Anthony Volpe to sign a card (only other card I had of a player). Marker did not come out the best but still very psyched to get this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Aberdeen Day

Yesterday, I went to a local event with my wife, son, and his friends for Aberdeen Day in Jersey. The event had local businesses and a fun zone for kids. They also had an autograph signing with ex MLB players Jeff Nelson, Roy White, Mitch Williams and former NFL player Jim Jeffcoat. The lines were reasonable for a free event. I stood online for the everyone except Jeffcoat since I had to run back to the family. They gave out free photos to sign if you did not have anything or you can have one personal and one photo signed. Added few signed cards to my collection and an addition to my Yankees 8x10.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

I see you did the same 3 signers as I did as when it came to Jeffcoat my family was waiting also.
    Cannot wait until next year.

Also remember next time you head to Somerset have something for Sparky Lyle as when he is there he will sign post before he has to go down on the field.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the tip with Sparky! I will definitely remember that as I usually try to visit a couple of the Yankees minor league teams every year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Went to the card show at the Marriott by Tarrytown, NY on Sunday. It was $15 for admission but came with one auto ticket with ex-slugger Jack Clark. I paid an additional $10 for a second auto. He was nice and spoke to the fans. Rafael Palmeiro was there as well but it was more than I wanted to spend and the other signors were hockey guys that I wasn't interested in.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Sweet and nice addition to the Yankee sign

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! I'm always trying to add to my Yankees auto collection