Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bears TCU Horned Frogs

A common Panini manufacturing defect

I have found this on several cards. It’s a horse shoe shape indentation and it’s been on the back side bottom. I haven’t taken detailed mental notes but I am fairly sure I have seen this in several “brands” of cards but this one in particular is a Legacy and I know I have seen it several times on the Legacy cards. I wish Panini would figure out what’s causing this and fix it.

You can see it on the yellow and red Panini logo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

It looks like it could be from the hole punch machine?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Very interesting and some people will not buy a card if they see it on a card.

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very interesting and some people will not buy a card if they see it on a card.

Bake

I wish I had seen it and I wouldn’t have bought it. I have bought so many cards from so many different sellers I have no clue where I got which card.

I’m sorting through cards for potential submission to PSA and finding lots of cards with it and it’s very disappointing

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

That stinks and really wouldn't show up on a scan or a straight on picture. One of the downsides to buying online. I've had the same problem this year with Absolute. All these pits in the back of the rookie cards, especially the green parallels. I must have picked up 4-5 Fields from different sellers in different parts of the country.... each one pitted. Panini has 0 incentive to do any more than the bare minimum for quality control. I still have damage replacement requests in from November 2020.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just an update

This particular “defect” talked about in my OP seems to be a Legacy thing as I don’t recall seeing it in any others.

Disclaimer: the following only applies to Justin Fields cards as I am not buying other players beside him and Mike Singletary. Fields I buy as many copies as I can cheaply get my hands on.

As I am going through my cards looking for PSA submission worthy cards I am finding many card “brands” have shown up with very common flaws particular to that brand. Not just a random damage thing but more of a manufacturing defect damage.

For example:

Playbook-
    besides the ruff edges that I assume comes from maybe dull cutters? But the backs of many of these cards are extremely pitted. It’s like they where poked with a push pin or laid down on a small bed of nails and pressure applied.

Prizm Draft Picks-
    Beside the pitting commonly found on chrome cards, on the back they have several faint horizontal scratch lines middle of the card and a single vertical scratch line on the right side.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New one brought to you by Phoenix

Once again it’s the Justin Fields. So far I have 7 or 8 copies of this card and every one has this scratch going from the bottom left corner up to at least if not past his helmet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This all kinda sucks when your paying up to or over $50 a card. Not to mention the guy who bought the box and maybe paid over $1k or the one who payed a few hundred to get in a break and this was the best card he got.

Now Zenith

This one isn’t as reoccurring but found the same scratch on two out of about 10 cards and a whole other different kind of scratch on about four different cards but of those four the scratch is the same

What stinks is if not for these scratches they would be best of what I got.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

Man that really stinks, sorry to hear that. Phoenix is my favorite non-Topps Finest brand and stinks to see their QC is just as garbage as ever. I'm also waiting on those 11/2020 damage replacements. I email Panini almost weekly now, I figure they have my emails dumped straight to deleted items or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Man that really stinks, sorry to hear that. Phoenix is my favorite non-Topps Finest brand and stinks to see their QC is just as garbage as ever. I'm also waiting on those 11/2020 damage replacements. I email Panini almost weekly now, I figure they have my emails dumped straight to deleted items or something.

Never done a damaged card replacement, how does that work? Or in your case, I should say how is that “supposed” to work.

Glad to report with all the particular cards mentioned above I have been able to successfully find cards with out the defects/damage and received at least one of each that graded a 10 from PSA.

Currently Playbook is a very troublesome card that I just can’t find any I’m confident in sending to have graded and easily the card I have the most copies of.

That said I’m not saying I have been successful with all my Fields PSA submissions. I have many (I think 9 or 10) that I still don’t have a Gem Mint 10