Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Question for any Ebay sellers or buyers about the PWE service.

So I been going to the post office for years shipping toploaders in a pwe's but yesterday I got a new clerk who said he would not ship it. So, I figured I try another post office and actually went to another city about 15 miles away and that clerk tells the same thing. So a quick question is when you buy stuff off ebay and looking at their rules how do you ship your cards or receive them how do they protect the cards to not violate the criteria post below. Thanks, just trying to figure out a way to ship cards in a pwe while still protecting them.

DON

https://pages.ebay.com/sell/standard...ofservice.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

Don that "G" rule in the first paragraph(and I guess the second as well) Has become a big thing with Canada Post also! That especially when doing shipping in a bubble mailer for going outside Canada. For you Americans now it has become less economical to buy from us Canadians because our shipping costs were still somewhat reasonable for the smaller deals. Now if they detect anything other than "paper" in the envelope at customs. It gets sent back, and we have to send as a parcel at two and a half times the cost on average.

There's something about plastic that has become evil lately...
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

Don,
    I am not sure about going through the post office, but as far as using the eBay under $20 shipping option, I have done this for probably 100+ cards. I personally just do the card in a penny sleeve and top loader with painters tape. I use a 7 x 4 envelope and then I also tape the top loader inside the envelope to keep it from moving around. That keeps it just under 1 oz if it is one card. I print my eBay shipping label, attach it and drop it in a mailbox.

Because the tracking is hit and miss, I also make sure to take a photo or video of the item being shipped.

I have ordered cards with the eBay under $20 shipping and I have received them in a variety of methods. Some safe and some not. A blank Thank You card or something like that has worked well for some people.

I also received one where they just folded and taped a full piece of paper around the card. That card arrived in bad shape.

I hope some of this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.
    Last edited by bigbenjobu; 04-02-2022 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don,
    I am not sure about going through the post office, but as far as using the eBay under $20 shipping option, I have done this for probably 100+ cards. I personally just do the card in a penny sleeve and top loader with painters tape. I use a 7 x 4 envelope and then I also tape the top loader inside the envelope to keep it from moving around. That keeps it just under 1 oz if it is one card. I print my eBay shipping label, attach it and drop it in a mailbox.

Because the tracking is hit and miss, I also make sure to take a photo or video of the item being shipped.

I have ordered cards with the eBay under $20 shipping and I have received them in a variety of methods. Some safe and some not. A blank Thank You card or something like that has worked well for some people.

I also received one where they just folded and taped a full piece of paper around the card. That card arrived in bad shape.

I hope some of this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Scott,
    That exactly what I am looking at and it something I might consider calling my postmaster if I can find a number and not get put on hold for too long. Thanks, going to try to repackage and see what they say and show them ebay allows you to ship this way.

Love that your from the states so it definitely helps if folks try at the post office tell me ebay cannot do this when I know better.

DON

OPG Basketball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (123)
    Country
    Utah Jazz Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See bballkm32's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

I agree with the things on here already. Have sent 50-100 like this using the ebay thing for one card because of the 1oz rule. I did have a few that went up to 2oz, but it was still $0.73 or $0.78 that way. It goes up to $0.93 for oz. So far my only problem has been that ebay is the only tracking that is available, not through usps. I had one card go missing and I was able to get my shipping refunded very quickly, but was still out the cost of the card that I had to refund the buyer.
    Collecting Karl Malone, Ryne Sandberg, Pat Angerer, Tavian Banks, Devyn Marble, Aaron White, Jarrod Uthoff, Tyler Cook, Keegan Murray, Kris Murray, Luka Garza, Joe Wieskamp, Jordan Bonhannon, DJ Carton
    Hidden Content

Inventory:
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree with the things on here already. Have sent 50-100 like this using the ebay thing for one card because of the 1oz rule. I did have a few that went up to 2oz, but it was still $0.73 or $0.78 that way. It goes up to $0.93 for oz. So far my only problem has been that ebay is the only tracking that is available, not through usps. I had one card go missing and I was able to get my shipping refunded very quickly, but was still out the cost of the card that I had to refund the buyer.

Thanks,
    Might have to just put some stamps on them and drop them in the post office via their drop-off box and see what happens.

DON