Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

My logic is that retail is following the trend of hobby boxes and in the past they did not. I understand that prices are going to be higher bc of the demand during the pandemic, but double? I don't really see the point of mega boxes other. It's sort of like the manufacturer trying to fool you with advertising and promotions when in reality those products are what lower priced blasters have always been. I don't know I am just annoyed at how retail stuff is either lacking or not worthwhile at all. It is more worthwhile to spend a crazy amount on a hobby box and get guaranteed hits.

In the past few months I have spent a couple hundred on retail and not received a single autograph or hit and just gotten a bunch of rookies. Not complaining b/c I just like to bust wax sometimes, but value wise it is not much at all.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

My logic is that retail is following the trend of hobby boxes and in the past they did not. I understand that prices are going to be higher bc of the demand during the pandemic, but double? I don't really see the point of mega boxes other. It's sort of like the manufacturer trying to fool you with advertising and promotions when in reality those products are what lower priced blasters have always been. I don't know I am just annoyed at how retail stuff is either lacking or not worthwhile at all. It is more worthwhile to spend a crazy amount on a hobby box and get guaranteed hits.

In the past few months I have spent a couple hundred on retail and not received a single autograph or hit and just gotten a bunch of rookies. Not complaining b/c I just like to bust wax sometimes, but value wise it is not much at all.

In my opinion, the Fleer Metal Universe blasters were a decent value this year. I also had a lot of fun with OPC Platinum blasters at 50% off during the Black Friday sale. But, yes, I'm not a fan of what I'm seeing with UD1-2, having less and less packs and YGs per blaster.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

In my opinion, the Fleer Metal Universe blasters were a decent value this year. I also had a lot of fun with OPC Platinum blasters at 50% off during the Black Friday sale. But, yes, I'm not a fan of what I'm seeing with UD1-2, having less and less packs and YGs per blaster.

Good lord. I got a Metal Universe blaster for $50. Not sure if that is the retail price or I got ripped off, but the value for that was as bad as anything else. I did get a bunch of blues and a couple of decent rookies, but no numbered cards of any sort or anything of substance other than a Matthews insert.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Unless you like oversized YG's walmart blasters are terrible value. $33 plus tax you only get 5 packs,. On average 2 of the packs are base, 2 of them have low value inserts and only 1 will have the YG. On top of that, there's a 90% chance that card you pull is card you can buy on ebay for less than 5 bucks.

Non walmart blasters are a bit better. At Zepher Epic you pay $24 plus tax and you get 6 packs which is a lot better.

Bottom line stay away from Walmart when it comes to blasters

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

50 dollars for a skybox blaster is pretty normal

SCF Rewards
    Country

Old walmart products are usually discounted between 20%-25%

With older product increasing in value, it's ironic it's ironic how much cheaper you can get it at walmart.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Old walmart products are usually discounted between 20%-25%

With older product increasing in value, it's ironic it's ironic how much cheaper you can get it at walmart.

I not seen a discounted sticker in forever though I loved them in the past. It amazing like you say that they still discount the older product when it there though I not found any. I know a buddy of mine picked up a old mahomet blaster for a discount and the blaster were sell for like 3 figures. (great product to discount) LOL.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last fall I picked up a tin of 19-20 Series 1 for $40 (regular $50). Would have been nice if that had series 2 instead

Also picked up 3 year old parkhurst boxes for $26 + tax.....regular $33

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

My Walmart never discounts anything ... either that or someone swoops in and buys it up before I can get there.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

zeeree's latest you tube video has him finding old UD product at a discount clearance price.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast