Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2022 Play-in and Play-offs Thread

Season's over, so we're at the point of the play-ins, and eventually the play-offs, now. Play-ins start tomorrow night. I'm excited for the Cavs vs. Nets, though I think the Nets will win -- Durant and Irving know what it takes to win the big games -- especially since the Cavs will be without Jarrett Allen, as well. Hoping for big games from Garland and Love. The Cavs and Nets actually faced each other recently, and Lamar Stevens guarded Durant admirably in that second-to-last regular season game, but Coach Bickerstaff didn't play him much in the 4th quarter. I hope to see more time for Stevens in the play-in.

What match-ups are you looking forward to? Any play-in or play-off predictions?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

All right, play-ins are over. Not surprised the Cavs lost both; Trae Young and the Hawks won 3 of the 4 regular season match-ups as the Cavs have no one who can really compare with Trae. They tried to trap him and he just made them pay.

So today we have these series:

Jazz vs Mavs
    Wolves vs Grizz
    Raptors vs 76ers
    Nuggets vs Warriors

Tomorrow we have:

Hawks vs Heat
    Nets vs Celtics
    Bulls vs Bucks
    Pelicans vs Suns

I'm going to try and catch a bit of Jazz/Mavs and Wolves/Grizz. Luka is out of game one, so the Jazz should be able to win today. If the Jazz lose this series, the Mitchell/Gobert era is definitely over; they were very up and down with lots of shade thrown this season, and a first round exit will guarantee the end of that dysfunctional relationship. Wolves/Grizz I want to see because Morant is must-see TV, and it's nice to see the Wolves in the playoffs again for only the second time since the KG era. Time for Towns to step up. I also want to see more of Ant; I seldom see much of the Wolves because of my loyalty to the Thunder and Cavs, but I have a soft spot for my birth state's team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is it possible Memphis is better off without Ja?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Is it possible Memphis is better off without Ja?

They do play better D without him, at least.

They'll need to make adjustments for game 2 and keep taking advantage of his gifted offense.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why did the Mavericks play Luka in the final game? Seems like that injury is going to cost them the series and be another first round knockout.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why did the Mavericks play Luka in the final game? Seems like that injury is going to cost them the series and be another first round knockout.

Dallas is actually up 2-1. Utah looks done with the Snyder/Mitchell/Gobert era on the verge of breakup.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

KD is sure talking a lot

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So in the West we have the Warriors advancing. All other series are at 3-2 with the Suns, Mavs, and Grizzlies leading, and all being the higher seed in their respective series.

In the East, all the top teams advanced easily, with only 4 vs 5 seed still left. And again we see the higher seed with the lead. But anything can happen, so we'll see if the 76ers close out the Raptors.

I tend to follow the playoffs more closely once the semis hit, so I hope to catch some more action then. Only watched a little of the Grizz/Wolves and Jazz/Mavs so far.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

Warriors vs Grizzlies has been an amazing series so far. I cannot wait to see game 3! Not sure anyone is going to beat the suns in the west but I think grizz or warriors could make it interesting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dallas is actually up 2-1. Utah looks done with the Snyder/Mitchell/Gobert era on the verge of breakup.

Yeah I posted that after only seeing the first game of the series. The Jazz are a complete mess and can't seem to do anything in the playoffs. Every year they get a bunch of wins in the regular season but it never seems to amount to anything come playoff time. Suns were/are like that too.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast