Hey. Longtime lurker, first time poster (I think).

Anyways, since the 2001 season, I've had good success at getting in-person autographs at MLB games, either before or after the actual game. Inside the park and right outside the park. Yet the past two years, it's been nearly impossible.

Before games, I used to be able to walk down to above the dugout, during BP. However, since 2021, every park I've been to (even minor league parks) all have protective netting or fencing, and it's not possible to pass anything to sign.

After games, I used to have great success right outside the parks. Yet I've been to a few games since April 2021 and I've seen exactly ZERO players walk out. Home team or away team. Including just last night, April 14. A few broadcasters, but that's it. Even in nice weather.

Obviously, the pandemic issues probably have something to do with it. So I'm wondering if anybody has had in-person success, anywhere, pre or post game since 2021. The visiting team's hotel? I've never done that, because I think it's rather invasive.

I'm curious to hear what everybody else has encountered in the past year-plus. Any advice, or should I just give up the ghost, when it comes to in-person autograph hounding?