Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: TTM International

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question TTM International

Looking for help. I want to send some Hockey cards to Canada for signature. What is the best way to handle the return postage? I want to go ahead and put it on the return envelope but not sure how to figure out how much.
    Thanks

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@30ranfordan

I know you done some before from Canada to the U.S.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been trying to get help with this for awhile now. wanted to send something to The Flash set but, not sure how to handle return postage. Went to the Post Office and they only thing they could come up with is I had to fill out customs sheets for both items. not sure if thats what I need to do or not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear you. My PO tells me that it would be 1.30 to get it there buy can't tell me what the return cost would be.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@30ranfordfan

Since, the tag did not work properly.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    See bfd13's Items on eBay

When I write to retired players in Canada, I ask them if they can affix a stamp to my envelope. I include $3 for their trouble. Most of them are good with that.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

@Xbeezer

Best way to do it, IMO, is get some Canadian postage ahead of time. If you're mailing to Canada you're probably using a Global Forever stamps to send to the player. In Canada we have a similar stamp for sending to the USA.... though it's not "Forever", as the cost will change in the future.

Currently what you need is $1.30 in Canadian postage. (I'm assuming you would be sending a card or two, and a plain white envelope for the return).

As others have said, they may include a few dollars to cover the cost of return postage. That may work. Myself, I prefer to keep it as easy as possible for the person I'm writing to, and try to buy the postage ahead of time.

You can order Canadian Stamps online, but if you'd like: shoot me a PM, and I'd be happy to buy some, and send them to you. I've had people help me out with this exact same thing.... buying me USA stamps, Swedish stamps, and a few others over the years.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can these not be purchased at our US Post Office? If not, I will just order them online like you suggested. Thank you so much for the direction!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sean,
    Thanks for chiming in.

DON

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

US to Canada can be purchased at your US post office. Canada to US cannot be purchased at your US post office. That's why you need to go the other routes, as stated above.
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1