Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

What is the difference between the Beckett Annual Price Guide and Beckett Monthly Magazine?

I know that the annual Price guide which comes out in the fall lists prices for every card ever made, but what cards are featured in the monthly magazine? The magazine version is a lot thinner so is it safe to assume that the older cards are not in there and the magazine version features the newer releases over the past year?

if anyone subscribes to this please let me know

also please don't respond by saying "who the hell cares about a beckett anymore!?!?!?!"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I'm not 100% sure why, but I subscribe to the digital version of the magazine, and I bought the annual a couple of months ago. It's just the number of missing sets. The older, the more likely it is the magazine will retire it.

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

Im looking at the November 2021 magazine that I got for free at the expo. I wouldnt say the older the set the more likely it isnt there.....i think you will still find everything pre 89 that you always have. What you wont find is the sets that have little value and basically are a waste of space. For instance I see none of the pro sets listed, none of the early 90's score sets. Im not gonna do to much digging but I would thinks these are the types of sets that you would find in the annual but not monthly.......pinnacle sets mcdonalds sets lower end inserts from the 90's etc.
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Are there digital copies available. (not the one beckett provides for subsciption fee)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Im looking at the November 2021 magazine that I got for free at the expo. I wouldnt say the older the set the more likely it isnt there.....i think you will still find everything pre 89 that you always have. What you wont find is the sets that have little value and basically are a waste of space. For instance I see none of the pro sets listed, none of the early 90's score sets. Im not gonna do to much digging but I would thinks these are the types of sets that you would find in the annual but not monthly.......pinnacle sets mcdonalds sets lower end inserts from the 90's etc.

You're right. I didn't articulate very well. "Older" 90s and 2000s tend to get dropped if they aren't big releases. Mostly ITG and Panini stuff gets dropped. The 08-09 UD Montreal Canadiens Centennial set is no longer on the magazine. But that's ok, their prices were ridiculously off anyway.
    Last edited by subban7677; 04-28-2022 at 10:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Are there digital copies available. (not the one beckett provides for subsciption fee)

Unlikely.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All I want to do is download one issue (kind of like how you buy a movie and download it on a phone). I don't think they sell physical copies in stores and the only way I could get it is if a order one online. This will take a week to deliver plus shipping costs bla bla bla bla bla pain in the ™™™.

SCF Rewards
    Country

just went to the google play/app store. There's a beckett hockey app where you can buy an individual copy

looks legit i guess

i'll give it a shot this weekend

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

just went to the google play/app store. There's a beckett hockey app where you can buy an individual copy

looks legit i guess

i'll give it a shot this weekend

Yes, you can buy individual copies of the magazine, or get a subscription. I thought you meant you were looking to download that big annual thing. I don't think you can find that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

cool thanks