Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi

Hi.

I recently dug out my collection and find there are things I still enjoy and things that no longer mean much to me. Cards run 1958-92, heavily weighted 1972-80. Mostly baseball, some basketball. Mostly Topps. Also autographs and miscellaneous stuff (cups, cans, wrappers, boxes, pins, posters, programs, all-star ballots, etc.).

Want to figure out what I've got, what I want to keep, and what to do with the rest. There are also some gaps in the collection I might want to fill.

I'll probably have lots of newbie questions, including how to package stuff for shipping to someone I sell to or trade with.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Welcome to SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Welcome and good luck

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Member is PayPal Verified

@1970s - welcome to SCF. Definitely worth getting some pictures or scans of what you have and post them to their respective forums (baseball, basketball, etc). Ask folks around their thoughts on some of your stuff. If you start to get offers coming in, beware of low ballers but also keep in mind there's a decent amount of junk cards from that era. Best of luck on liquidating or restarting a collection.

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

Welcome to SCF...Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees New York Giants New York Rangers

1970s- Welcome to SCF!
    Always Looking for:

A) Graded Vintage (Pre-1980) (BGS, BVG, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    B) Graded True RC's (No inserts or parallels) (BGS, PSA, SGC) in all sports
    C) Certified Auto and GU cards of players from the 70's and further back in all sports

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF!

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Welcome to SCF!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Welcome! As far as shipping goes the best way to do it is to get a pack of bubble mailers and send first class packages. They cost about $4.50 but come with tracking numbers and assure things won’t be easily damaged. You can buy a 50 pack of off brand mailers for cheap off Amazon or get them individually/ten packs at the store. You can get away with shipping one card in a mailer with stamps. However, be careful because if the mailer doesn’t fit through the standard mail slot they will up charge you, and your recipient will be left with postage due.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks, everyone!

Re: the suggestion that I start posting pics and entertaining offers, I'm still in the exploratory phase, not ready to start offering stuff for sale or trade. But to give an idea of myself as a collector, here are a couple of pages of cards I'm keeping--not offering.

The '72 A's page is followed by pages with the same players that go year-by-year through 1980, following their travels after Finley broke up the team, The team card is replaced by centerfielder Billy North beginning in 1974 and replaces Catfish in 1980, after his retirement.

Thanks for the mailing tip @turnpipe! The card(s) can go directly into the bubble mailer, nothing inside (cardboard, for instance) to further protect?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast