Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 Play-offs.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just gonna leave this here.

We don't talk about Bruno.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

When did Trouba become a force of intimidation?
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

McDavid is getting a ton of press but boy has the supporting cast come to life in Edmonton. Nuge, Hyman, Kane, and Ceci just to name a few.

I think Smith is a battler but if the Oilers continue to think he is the answer in net, they are truly delusional. Every time he leaves the crease I hold my breath.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

I think Smith is a battler but if the Oilers continue to think he is the answer in net, they are truly delusional. Every time he leaves the crease I hold my breath.

But who would you put in the net then? To me, he's not that bad.. I mean, as you just said, he's a battler for sure. Plus, he always bounces back after a bad game. Anyway, it's not like if they had a better backup. Unless Koskinen can do better. He's about the only other goalie that I could see in the net for Edmonton right now. However, I just saw the guy play a couple of games. So, I can be wrong too. Are their other goaltenders better? Don't know them really... But so far, I think Smith has been quite good; will it be another ball game if they make it through the 2nd round? Against St. Louis or Colorado? Don't know, you tell me...
    Last edited by sleepn0t; 05-25-2022 at 01:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

But who would you put in the net then? To me, he's not that bad.. I mean, as you just said, he's a battler for sure. Plus, he always bounces back after a bad game. Anyway, it's not like if they had a better backup. Unless Koskinen can do better. He's about the only other goalie that I could see in the net for Edmonton right now. However, I just saw the guy play a couple of games. So, I can be wrong too. Are their other goaltenders better? Don't know them really... But so far, I think Smith has been quite good; will it be another ball game if they make it through the 2nd round? Against St. Louis or Colorado? Don't know, you tell me...

The Oilers do not have anyone else and that is their problem. Smith has not been terrible as a playoff goalie, but he has been very inconsistent. He has had some good games but he's also had some pretty shaky ones as well. Watching him play is like watching Jekyll and Hyde.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

McDavid is getting a ton of press but boy has the supporting cast come to life in Edmonton. Nuge, Hyman, Kane, and Ceci just to name a few.

You're right. Despite what some are saying, this is not a one man team. They're playing great.

Smith is a good goalie, but not a great goalie. He's also 40. I think the same of Koskinen (he's good, but not great). Koskinen has shown over and over that he's not capable of carrying a full time work load - but he's good in short stints. Smith? He missed so many games this year, that my hope is he doesn't get tired.

This will not be the combination next year. Koskinen (rumor has it) has already signed with a Swiss team for next season.... and I hope it's not Smith / Skinner either. I think that spells trouble as well.

For the rest of these playoffs? Smith is their guy, and I think he's good enough (at least the way he's playing). He's prone to a bad goal a little too often. He's playing the puck burns him once in a while, but it's also killing the forecheck of Calgary (or whomever they're playing) so have to take the good with the bad.

If the team continues to play like they have been, I don't think Smith needs to be great. He's needs to be good. A GAA in the high 2s or low 3s is good enough for this team to win, and I think he's capable of that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

McDavid vs Mackinnon.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think Colorado vs Edmonton is going to be fast paced and high scoring. I also believe that this will be a very physical series. Can't wait for Tuesday!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

I think Colorado vs Edmonton is going to be fast paced and high scoring. I also believe that this will be a very physical series. Can't wait for Tuesday!

I'd hate to be either goalie going up against those buzz saw offenses.

The Canes are an absolute joke on the road. Now 0-6 on the road, but 7-0 at home. I'm thinking NY pounds them in game 7 at home and snaps that streak. I thought either the Canes would break the road slump, or the Rangers would break the Cane's home streak so we'll see.

I hate the Rangers, but I'm really becoming a fan of Zibanejad. Dude works his butt off every shift and also seems like a really humble dude. Fun to watch him play. Would be more fun if he was in Pittsburgh!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd hate to be either goalie going up against those buzz saw offenses.

The Canes are an absolute joke on the road. Now 0-6 on the road, but 7-0 at home. I'm thinking NY pounds them in game 7 at home and snaps that streak. I thought either the Canes would break the road slump, or the Rangers would break the Cane's home streak so we'll see.

I hate the Rangers, but I'm really becoming a fan of Zibanejad. Dude works his butt off every shift and also seems like a really humble dude. Fun to watch him play. Would be more fun if he was in Pittsburgh!

Zibanejad is a great player. I'm betting on the steak to continue though..... I think the Canes win tonight. I don't really have much of a rooting interest though - but I do enjoy being correct. I had TB / CAR / EDM / TB as the final four when I filled out my playoff brackett.

If you listen to the tinfoil hats, it's going to be an Oilers / Rangers Stanley Cup final.... Bettman has rigged things, and that's what he wants.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast