Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Hall of Famer Bob Lanier dead at 73

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bob-l...ons-bucks-dies

Bob Lanier, a Basketball Hall of Famer who was an eight-time All-Star during his 14-year career, died on Tuesday after a short illness, the NBA announced. He was 73.

The NBA said Lanier was surrounded by his family. Lanier was being treated for bladder cancer, The Athletic reported in 2019.

"Bob Lanier was a Hall of Fame player and among the most talented centers in the history of the NBA, but his impact on the league went far beyond what he accomplished on the court. For more than 30 years, Bob served as our global ambassador and as a special assistant to David Stern and then me, traveling the world to teach the game’s values and make a positive impact on young people everywhere," Commissioner Adam Silver said. "It was a labor of love for Bob, who was one of the kindest and most genuine people I have ever been around. His enormous influence on the NBA was also seen during his time as president of the National Basketball Players Association, where he played a key role in the negotiation of a game-changing collective bargaining agreement.

"I learned so much from Bob by simply watching how he connected with people. He was a close friend who I will miss dearly, as will so many of his colleagues across the NBA who were inspired by his generosity. We send our deepest condolences to Bob’s family and friends."

Lanier was the No. 1 overall pick of the Detroit Pistons in 1970. He played for the Pistons for more than nine seasons before he was traded to the Milwaukee Bucks for Kent Benson and a first-round draft pick in 1980.

He would play for the Bucks until the 1983-84 season.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers
    See bfd13's Items on eBay

I met Mr. Lanier at the Wisconsin State Fair several years ago. He was huge, with a massive handshake. I was a post player in high school and I modeled my defensive style after Mr. Lanier. He was a great ambassador for basketball and he will be missed!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

I met Mr. Lanier at the Wisconsin State Fair several years ago. He was huge, with a massive handshake. I was a post player in high school and I modeled my defensive style after Mr. Lanier. He was a great ambassador for basketball and he will be missed!

Wow very cool! He was before my time, but I remember seeing footage and some interviews. I understand he did a lot of good off the court as well.